Chapter 9

a/n: Hey sorry it took so long for me to update. My computer is broken. Idek what happen to it. Sooo im so sorry. This is the next chapter :)

~~~

Kendra's P.O.V

Darcy has already bathe and now me and her are sitting at the coffee table eating bread spread with Nutella and hot milo.

"Darcy, do you remember Uncle Brent?" I asked her.

She nodded, munching on her food.

"Well today is his birthday!" I exclaimed. Darcy loves birthdays eventhough it's not her birthday. She told me she likes to eat the cakes.

Darcy cheered and clapped her hands. "Is there going to be a cake?" She asked with hopeful eyes.

"No, sweetheart." I said with a sigh.

"Nooooo," she groaned in disappointment.

"But," I paused. "There will be cupcakes!" I said.

She squeled and wrapped her arms around me. I gave a peck on the cheek and she pulled away from the hug.

"I want the chocolate one with vanilla icing on it and M&M's as toppings!" She said, excitedly.

"Alright. Now eat up, Dars." I snickered and messed up her hair.

She gave me a fake angry face and stick her tongue out. I laughed at her.

***

After we finished eating our breakfast. I asked Darcy to change into something nice because maybe after we celebrate Brent's birthday. We can go to town and do some shopping because I got my salary last week and I wanted to spend it on her.

I called Brent's bestfriend, Chris, to make sure that everything is all ready for his birthday party and he said okay. Afterwards, I went inside my room and picked out my outfit. I choose to wear a white crop top that say 'Wild Spirit' and a black leather pants. I wore my favorite bracelet that says 'Make A Wish', Harry gave it to me but I still kept it because it's beautiful and I love it. I put on my favorite black crystal necklace. I sprayed on Dior's 'Hypnotic Posion' perfume all over me.

I did my makeup. I applied foundation all over my face and applied concealer under my eyes to conceal the dark circles under my eyes. I put blusher on my cheeks and applied a few swipes of mascara followed by drawing a thin line with my eyeliner on my upper eyelids. I finished up by applying dark red lipstick on.

Darcy knocked on my door and I shouted "Come in, honey!" She opened the door and I gasped at how cute she looks. She wore a cute black dress that I bought for her last month and a cute headband.

I walked towards her and kneeled down to her height level. "You look beautiful, sweetheart." I praised her.

"Thank you, mommy." She chuckled and hug me. I gave her a kiss on her cheek and so did she.

I stood up to take my bag on my bed and off all the other electricity in the room. I took Darcy's hand and close the door of my room. Darcy and I went downstairs and put on our shoes and then we head out.

We stopped at a shop to buy Brent his birthday present since we didn't manage to buy for him one because of the 'incident'. I picked out a sweater for Brent that says 'It's My Birthday Bitch!' I carefully hide it from Darcy so she cannot see the explicit word.

Soon after that, we are at Starbucks waiting for Brent's arrival.

"Hey there girls!" Brent appeared out of nowhere.

"Hey there birthday boy!" I cheered.

"Happy Birthday Uncle Brent!" Darcy cheered also.

"Thanks kiddo! And how many times must I tell you not to call me Uncle Brent? It makes me sound old. Call me Brent." Brent chuckled, messing up Darcy's hair.

"Heeeey! Stop it! Don't touch my hair!" She groaned. I rolled my eyes at how vain she is, she's just like her father.

"Here's your birthday present! Now come on! Let's go back to your house!" I said to Brent.

He thanked me for the present and asked how I manage to hide it from Darcy. I just laugh it off saying that she got distracted by a barbie doll that she saw in the shop.

5 minutes before we arrived at Brent's house. I text Chris to tell him that we are almost reaching and they should get ready and hide.

Few minutes later, we reached his place and he unlocked the door. He on the lights and a chorus of 'Surprise' was heard. He whips around and saw his friends and family. He gasped in surprise at sight of them.

"You did this for me?" He turned around and face me.

I nodded and clapped my hands together. "I know how much you want to see your family. I called them here!"

He hug me and Chris and his family dragged him away from me.

Cupcakes were placed on a table that was in the middle of the room. There was one cupcake that was bigger than the other and that's Brent's cupcake.

We sang 'Happy Birthday' to him and we go ahead and dig in the cupcakes and sweets. As promised Darcy got her chocolate cupcake with vanilla icing and M&M's as toppings.