one

the moment dinner started, [m/n] could not help but drift his eyes towards the child sitting between the sung couple. while his gaze was normal to outsiders, his inner emotions were in great turmoil.

seeing the future as part of his abilities being "time", he caught a glimpse of something that was so unworldly that it made him doubt. but the proof of outsiders being present as well as another great war happening, he couldn't ignore it.

"so! i've been meaning to ask, what exactly made you both move here?" his mother asked the couple.

"well," sung father laughed. "it's quite the normal reason. i've been promoted and because of it, our boss sent me to this area to supervise some major project going on."

[m/n]'s parents "ooh"ed at the answer. "you sure know your work." his mother praised.

"it's glad to know that our neighbourhood will be filled with more people," his father said. "it's been a while since someone occupied the next house, i'm sure you two will have a lot of unpacking to do."

"well, yes."  mother sung patted her child's back. "since we're new to this place, i've been a bit busy trying to call the school to enroll our little ilhwan in."

"oh? which school is it?"

"yeongwan university."

"oh! that's where our [m/n]'s goes!"

[m/n] paused. he thinks that this is a great opportunity. if ilhwan goes to their school, he can keep an eye on the kid to make sure nothing bad happens.

"i'd be happy to help," he said politely. "i can show you tomorrow if you want,"

"oh my," mother sung smiled. "thank you, i'll be sure to tell you if we're ready."

and just like that, dinner was normal throughout the night.

---

after [m/n] washed up, he crawled to his bed and opened up his phone to check for a few calls.

so far, he got nothing.

he quickly tried to sleep it off but the constant worries that happened today was making him unable to rest.

so he got up and opened his window. he used his abilities to fly around the city lights of the night. his eyes scanned the crowded streets and made sure that no one saw him flying above.

he perched himself in one rooftop and quietly observed the night. just as he was about to go do other stuff, he heard a scream coming from one of the alleys.

"kyaaaa!!"

alerted, he quickly jumped down and went to look at what happened, seeing a worker in his 30s protecting someone from behind him, and a few menacing thugs in front of them with killing intent.

the worker quickly saw him and so did the thugs. but before they could do anything, he quickly knocked them down.

"are you alright?" he asked the two.

the worker obviously didn't think he could knock them out just like that, and he stuttered a bit. "i...uhm, we-"

"heh" he chuckled. "the scream caught my attention, it was a good thing you guys were okay,"

the worker scratched his head and looked at the girl to ask if she was okay. [m/n] tilted his head, "you two. . . don't know eachother?"

"huh? ah, no." the worker stated. "you can go now ma'am, please be safe and ride s taxi instead!"

the woman bowed to both of them and quickly ran away. [m/n] who saw this was dazed. he didn't think that someone was actually kind enough to help out knowing full well that they were outnumbered.