On The Other Side of Things

- This takes place after the main events of the story in the alternate universe. The characters referred to in this are the alternate versions of the original ones, therefore the protagonist of the story is no longer going to be mentioned and the story is going to be told-

Toya got up out of his bed, feeling exasperated. He was  overwhelmed with grief. The night before, Kohane had taken her own life at the top of his father's office building. He couldn't quite remember why she did or even how she got there, but her suicide caused his father to get arrested, as they had a warrant for him and he was on sight.  The police reports say that he was tied up in rope, and a lock of orange hair could be sampled. There were no reports of the DNA in the system, and his father had testified that he did not know who it belonged too. It seemed that Kohane would've been the only one who knew what happened that night. Toya heard a ring on the doorbell, and began to make his way downstairs to answer it.

As toya made his way down the sleek, marble stairs, he looked through the digital camera to see it was the main detective on his father's case holding a letter. Toya opened the door, shaking the detective's hand. "What brings you here..?" Toya asked, his eyes empty. The detective asked if he could come in for a bit, to which Toya obliged. Toya emptily lead the detective to his living room. The couch was made with an expensive, black leather, and was hand embroidered. Toya and the detective sat on the couch. Awkward silence filled the room. "Uhm... I am not really sure why I am delivering this... I'm not a mail man after all." The detective said scratching the back of his head. "But, for some reason, I felt obligated to. These letters just... appeared, haha. You were the last one that they were directed to.

Toya blinked slowly, feeling his emotional exhaustion overwhelm him. "Thanks." Toya said nonchalantly. The detective began to leave, and stopped midway. "You going to be okay?" He asked concerned. "Mhm" Toya unenthusiastically nodded. The deceive then waved and left his residence. Toya sighed and looked down at the folded piece of printer paper in his hands. He carefully unfolded it, and began to read it, noticing the sloppy handwriting.

"Dear Toya,

If you're reading this, that means that my efforts made it through. I'm not sure where to start, and I am kind of in a rush here... Let me just say that you're an incredible person, and what happened isn't your fault. Knowing you, you'd probably take the blame. Please try to understand that whatever An may say to you is coming from a place of grief and misunderstanding. I am not worried about you though, I trust that you will make it out of this situation, just as you have so many times before.

There is something I'd like to request from you, if it isn't too much. There is someone who needs your support, who is alone right now. They need you more than anything in your world. I know you may have your reservations with him, but if you could stay by his side, you could save his life. I'm sure you don't want to lose anymore... His name is Akito Shinonome.

Sincerely,
An old acquaintance

P.S: I gave three other letters out, and there is a small tribute on the back of this page if you put them together."

Toya was taken aback by the mysterious letter. He was confused as to who the sender could be. He looked at the paper and notice a little bit of blood splatter. He also noticed some splotches of deterioration on the paper, indicating water had hit the surface of it. Whoever wrote this was in an intense situation, and this was clearly a last stitched effort to pull everything together. While Toya didn't like the idea of talking to Akito Shinonome, given his reputation, and Toya's current mindset, however he respected the importance of the letter to whoever wrote it, and their hope that'd it would reach him. So, giving a try wouldn't hurt anyone, right? Well right after he took a nap, he was exhausted.