"Let's go, you unpolished gems. The ones to change this era will be blue lock."

-

"The match will take place in three weeks. Led by Itoshi Sae, Japan's U-20 national team VS blue lock's eleven. Victory will grant you a position on the U-20 national team, and defeat will mean the utter dissolution of blue lock. Let's go, you unpolished gems. The ones to change the face of Japanese soccer will be blue lock."

"..Don't tell me, you're gonna have some of us play as midfielders and defenders?"

"Yeah, of course." Ego replied matter of-factly, tone almost sassy. "And a goal keeper too. Other than the forwards, we'll have to rush to patch together a team."

"That's.. just too much! Our opponents will have actual defenders and stuff, right?" Some jittery guy said, fear lacing his voice while another guy with long, dark brown hair started to speak. "this predicament.. I do not hate such development." 

Everyone was soon cut off when Ego began to speak again, this time his voice seemed a lot less versatile and more aggressive. "Shut up. Watch your tongues. I'm not a goddamn moron.." He snarled. "The formation of the blue lock team will centre around the following six whose names I will now call out."

"Given your overall evaluations as on this moment, theses individuals rank as the 'top 6.' With the goal of putting together a team in just three short weeks, this method will be our best shot. those who are called, step forward." Ego finished, the screen switching from his face to a chibi of a different player.

The screen had two words, a ranking and a chibi version of a player on it.

"First, as the overall no. 1.. Itoshi Rin." Ego said, and Rin stepped out with a blank look on his face. He was unfazed.

"Moving on, no. 2.. Shidou Ryusei."

"There it is. Bada bing." Ryusei sing-songed, stepping forward with a knowing grin on his face, hands tucked into the pockets of his uniform shorts. 

"Huh?! You're actually that good?! I just thought you were bad news.." Igaguri muttered in surprise while you inwardly face-palmed.

'He carried you through every match in the second selection.. you literally watched him beat your team in less than 5 minutes not even an hour ago, dipshit.' 

"So, that dude's no. 1, huh?" Ryusei simply stated, and Rin only cast the man a glance before looking away again.

"Alright, next. No. 3, Karasu Tabito."

"Someone gets it." Karasu smirked.

"No. 4, Otoya Eita."

"Sup."

"No. 5, Yukimiya Kenyu."

"Yes, sir. It's an honour." 

"Lastly, No. 6 is Nagi Seishiro." 

"Huh.." Nagi simply repeated, eyes dead calm. You recognised him as the guy who was death staring you while talking to Reo, and the guy who Reo seemed to be dreaming about, given the amount of times you heard the name 'Nagi' slip under the purple-haired mans lips while he slept.

Soon, you plopped to the ground. Hazily looking at the screen, eyes drifting shut every now and then as people asked more questions, to which Ego answered.

A little while later, Ego began to explain the next selection. 

"First, the top 6 will seperate into pairs in descending order. Next, the remaining 29 players will decide at their own discretion which team they want to join. They will be added to their chosen team in randomised groups of three, to make a complete team of 5. Then, each of these teams will have the chance to play in one game against another 5 VS 5 style." Ego said.

"Well, as a formality," He pointed up, "Members of the top 6 will be playing in multiple games, but the remaining 29 will have just the one chance to play. This is the final selection."

Ego continued to explain how there would be 1 team with a missing member, so then the runner up, Bachira Meguru, would have the chance to play in two matches.

This was the final selection.

-

not beta read as always

not me ending this off in the strangest way possible bc im too lazy to write anymore...

haii, tysm for 60k reads mwah ily guys

but super duper important question for the U-20 match,,

obviously, all characters that score have their little moments,, but I don't wanna have m/n sitting on the bench cuz that would be boring as hell, soo, out of nagi, rin, barou and isagi, who's goal are we replacing (if yall want m/n to score, if not then thats fine too) AND out of the blue lock 11 team (gagamaru, aryu, niko, chigiri, bachira, isagi, barou, reo and hiori), who are we gonna replace ?? (not including anyone in the top 6 (rin, shidou, karasu, otoya, yukimiya, nagi) cuz that would ruin plot)

thanks