"  Place your wand-tip against your heart and speak……the incantation ‘Amato Animo Animato Animagus’ and drink the potion. You will then feel fiery pain – lucky you – and an intense double heartbeat. "

Doing exactly as he said, I felt a burning sensation inside me. It was much worse than what Sirius told me honestly.

It felt as if fendifyre was devouring me, no remorse, no warning.

I could no longer feel pain, the bones in my body cracked to take the shape of my animal.

‘You must show no fear/ It is too late now, to escape the change you have willed’. I chanted these like my life depended on it.

A series of silent wails crashed me like a wave. Everything went ghost-quite.

Until, I heard something flapping

I opened my eyes and was shocked by my surroundings.

The different colours and patterns that I see are invisible to the human eye. These eyes are better at picking up fast moving objects and they can distinguish ultraviolet and polarised light, which the human eye cannot.

Tho, I still couldn't quite figure out what kind of animal I am.

I felt an extra muscle on my back, kinda like wings.

These wings are so big, they make it easier for me manoeuvre. I like having a massive rudder on the back of a ship.

" You are so beautiful" I heard Sirius whisper.

I tried to transform back and panicked when I couldn't. Was I to live as the animal forever?

"To return to human form, visualise your human self as clearly as you can. Don’t worry if you don’t change back immediately, ‘with practice, you will be able to slip in and out of your animal form at will, simply by visualising the creature’. Once you’re an advanced Animagus, you should be able to transform without your wand. "  Sirius said, perhaps noticing how much I was fretting.

I started to visualise myself clearly and again felt the pain in my bones. Tho, it wasn't as painful as the first time.

I opened my eyes when I felt my feet touch the ground and grinned at Sirius.

" Sooo, what am I ? "

" A very beautiful butterfly " he gave me a warm smile.

All the cheery feeling I had vanished within me.

A butterfly? A fucking insect?

Rage filled me, It was really unfair. I had read thousands of fanfics and each and every character had gotten an amazing animagus.

It wouldn't be a genius idea to compare a fanfic with reality. But, I still had decent hopes.

I never thought I'd get a dragon or something. But, couldn't I atleast have become a cat or maybe even a crow

But a butterfly?

One slap and I would be dead.

" Do you know what James would have said? " Sirius gently asked and titled my head up to wipe the angry tears I couldn't stop from flowing.

" What? " I weakly asked.

" My Lily - flower now has her own beautiful butterfly"

I snorted at the irony. It was so like dad to revolve everything around mom.

" And you should be proud mini-moony. Not everyone can turn into animaguses, that too illegally" he winked at me.

I laughed holding his hand as we walked through the forest

" And don't you forget, Camelia. you are your own butterfly "  he patted my head.

Pretty ironic again, Camelia a flower and butterfly as an animagus.

At night, in my dorm. I again sucessfully changed into my animagus. Without the wand.

I fluttered around the room and landed right in front of my bathroom mirror.

There in front of me was a butterfly with blue and violet wings.

Probably one of the prettiest butterflies I had ever seen.

I squealed inside my head and watched in pure fascination as my wings changed from blue and violet to Yellow and pink.

Wait, Do my wings change depending on my mood?

That's so freaking cool.

All the rage and anguish I had felt before changed to that of glee and satisfaction.

Afterall, The butterfly has been a symbol of transformation, hope and faith for thousands of years. The butterfly is also a symbol of rebirth, since it goes through so many life cycles -- from larva to caterpillar to chrysallis and finally to a beautiful, flying butterfly.

JAMES AND LILY FROM HEAVEN

" My Lily - flower now has her own beautiful butterfly"  James squealed at the same time was Sirius.

" See, Lily - pad, Sirius still knows me the best " He jumped up and down like a two year old.

Lily watched her husband with warm eyes and turned to whisper at her daughter. 

" You are the most beautiful butterfly a Lily could ever have "

A/n - Not the animagus you were expecting?

Well, let me know what did you expect and if you like the idea of Lia having a butterfly as an animagus.

And, do you want me to keep writing a little " from the heaven " section? Lemme now

With love,
Memo ♡