Final Outing

Third Person POV:

The Overworld prince stared blankly out the window of the bedroom.

As far as the barren landscape stretched, there was nothing beyond it. Only chorus trees scattered here and there, nothing more.

The moobloom never looked out the window often, sure, he does every now and then, but it's nothing more than just a glance. He always kept the silk lilac curtains closed, he doesn't want to see the abyss that stretches across above.

The brunet narrowed his eyes and grasped the window sill with his right hand. Today however, he's looking out the window more than usual.

And the only reason he's doing all this is to distract his mind.

The prince closed his eyes and sighed, his grip tightening on the sill of the window. The brunet then let go of the edge, swiftly walking towards the mahogany desk and taking a seat.

Once seated, he ran a hand through his fluffy chestnut hair before fixating his eyes on the ivory white envelope, cast aside to the right side of the desk.

The seal flap of the envelope was left slightly ajar, the brunet had already opened and read the letter within the paper casing. Though, he couldn't help but stare at it.

Tubbo then reached out his right hand to grab a hold of the envelope, but hesitated. Does he really want to read it again?

He quickly withdrew his hand and whipped his head around, not facing the wooden desk, wanting to avoid reading the letter that taunts him.

Seeing the envelope out of the corner of his eye, the moobloom turned ever so slightly, almost facing the desk. Why is he making such a big deal out of this?

He sighed and turned back around to fully face the desk again, he furrowed his eyebrows.

He then grasped the envelope, lifted the seal, and grabbed the letter within. Now that the letter is in his hands, he began to read.

'Toby, my son,' The brunet cringed, immediately regretting his decision, he folded the letter to catch a short break. He then unfolded the letter and continued.

'It has come to my attention, that your coronation takes place in three days, which is soon!'

The brunet's eyes widen, he hadn't realized his coronation was so soon. Which was ironic since his... spouse.. had their coronation just, what, a few days ago?

He couldn't remember when exactly but he did know that their coronation was recent, either way, he kept reading.

'As a result, we need you back home to get ready for such an important event as soon as possible. On account of this, I have scheduled a ride for you to take to come back home, it is set to arrive in a day. Therefore, you only have a day left in the End.'

The prince's gaze soften, "Only a day left.." He whispered, he continued reading nonetheless.

'This is all I have to tell you, your sister and I await your arrival. Speaking of which, I did what you asked of me, which was stupid of you to request of me and I'm not doing it again. Anyway, once you're back, it's off.'

- Schlatt'

Tubbo let out an exasperated sigh, pinching the bridge of his nose, and furrowing his eyebrows.

He can't get mad over a promise that was fulfilled, but he can when his Father only did what he did just to make up for marrying the moobloom off so quickly.

Especially, when Schlatt won't put in any effort to change.

He hated that the majority of the time, Schlatt is drunk and acting like a complete and utter fool. Of course, he won't drink in public or around others of high ranking, only at home.