The effects of the drugs ran its course through her system, and it was evident with the way her body sauntered around. She moved as if she faced no injury a little over a week prior, as if everything was completely normal.

She held her daughter's hand all the way downstairs and out the large glass front doors. Her shade covered eyes scanned around the bright exterior, until locking in on the black SUV that parked between two others in the front and back.

Rolling her eyes, she made it clear she didn't want anything to do with any type of security, and that went for getting around places also. But she knew she should have known better than to be listened to, especially by a group of men who couldn't care less if she dropped dead right now or not. They followed their cousins requests, only put up with her because of him, and the fact that nothing would change her forever existing role in any of their lives from her permanent relation of her daughter.

"Good afternoon Ms. Idylla." The man who held the backdoor open greeted, as the synchronized footsteps of Amerie and Malani came to a stop.

Glancing up, she shot the man a tight lipped smile before picking up Malani to place in her car seat carefully. Her silent stares and knitted eyebrows rejected any attempt at help, not wanting the hands of any unknown man touching anywhere close to her daughter when she could handle her on her own.

"Hold this, if you drop it you're not getting it back." She spoke sternly to Malani, before handing her her sippy cup filled with Apple juice.

Amerie once more rejected the offering hand of the man who stood outside the car to get in on her own, and shut the door behind herself. She didn't waste any time in sharing her location with Kimora, almost dreading the car ride she could see saying an hour from the distance between where she lived and where Elias and Kimberly live.

"I want." Malani's small voice interrupted the silence in the car Amerie planned on keeping up. Glancing up at her daughter over her shades, she followed her finger to where she pointed to her tablet that peeked out of Amerie's purse.

Raising an eyebrow, she eyed her daughter silently until she finally let out a quiet please. Nodding, Amerie grabbed the iPad to place in her lap before staring back down at her phone.

She kept her head leant up against the window, scrolling through aimlessly. The only thing that changed was her number and the phone, but everything else remained the same. Everything in her iCloud from 2 years prior.

She found her fingers moving ahead of her mind as she hesitantly pressed on her messages. She lazily scrolled past all of the unopened messages from the night her and Syre both got arrested, scrolled until she reached the contact name she couldn't help herself from moving down to. Her finger hovered over his name as her stomach turned, the emotion of her face being hidden from her dark shades once she finally pressed it and just scrolled until randomly stopping.

Bebí❤️❤️

Dec 1, at 2:24 AM

U up?

Yes

You told me you have
to be up early tmrw

I do

Can't sleep

Why?

I got to get sum shit
off my chest rn

Do you want me to
call you?