Chapter 9

A/N let me know what you guys think XD i want some comments starting to appear :P

“Get her out of there!” I hear Uncle Marley scream as Scar continues to rear close to Chad, only inches from hitting him.

“Scar!” I yell and get up, waving my arms, as tears pour down my face. “Scar stop!”

“I said, get her out of there!” Uncle Marley screams again.

I don’t notice anything else that is going on around me. All I can focus on is Scar and Chad. The only thing I notice is someone picking me up and carrying me away from Scar. I watch over the persons shoulder as four men tie up Scar and take him away. Repeatedly, I beat against the man’s back, begging him to let me go as Scar is pulled away.

“Someone call 911,” Uncle Marley orders someone as he helps a man carry Chad into the house and on the couch.

Watching over the man’s shoulder, I see the four men take Scar into his paddock. I sob harder as I see the pain and panic in Scar’s eyes. Soon enough he is out of my line of sight and I cry out harder, hitting the man harder to get away.

“Dylan, calm down!” Scotty McCreary, one of the teenage farmhands, demands.

“No, I will NOT calm down!” I screech as I fling my arms and legs out a bit more before Scotty tightens his grip on me.

“Dylan, snap out of it! Scar will be fine!” Scotty blares at me as he sets me down but still takes a firm grip on my shoulders.

“Fine, just let me go,” I rip myself out of his grasp and storm inside.

Out of the corner of my eye, I catch sight of Chad, barely breathing on the couch. More tears roll down my already rosy cheeks and snot filled nose. I run to my room and do a nose-dive into my pillows. Constantly blowing my nose and wiping away my tears, I eventually fall asleep.

“Dylan,” someone says softly from the edge of my bed. “Dylan wake up.” I recognize the voice as Scotty’s.

“What?” I groan into my pillow, pushing my head farther into the pillow.

“I just got news with what happened with Chad.” As soon as Scotty says this, I bolt upright and look at him.

“How is he? Is he okay? It’s my entire fault, I should have moved out of the way like he told me to.” I blabber on and Scotty covers my mouth with his hand, preventing me from talking.

“Dylan,” he looks me sternly in the eyes. “Stop blaming yourself, it’s not your fault. But, yes, Chad is going to be fine. I was told to take you to see him once you are up and ready to go.”

“Oh, alright,” I say quietly as he walks out of my room, leaving me to get changed and get ready.

Pushing myself off my bed, I walk towards my closet and open the doors. Looking inside, I quickly grab my other pair of jeans, a tank top and my yellow sweater. I quickly strip off my clothes and pull on the other ones I took out of my closet. After I quickly brush my hair, I pull it up into a messy bun, grab my phone and head out to the living room where Scotty is waiting for me.

“Let’s go,” I say as I pass him and pull on my boots.

I climb into his bright red Ford F150 truck and do up my seatbelt. Scotty gets in a few seconds after me and turns on the engine. We sit there for a few minutes while he fiddles with the radio and does up his seatbelt. Finally, after about five minutes, he adjusts his seat and pulls out of the driveway onto the dirt road.