"I forgot I had it. it was in my back pocket. That's my bad" JJ defended himself.

"Oh my god dude. Can we go anywhere without you stealing?" Pope shook his head, watching as the girl in front of him sat up more.

"Yeah, you got like sticky little fingers." AJ paused before a look flashed on her face. "does that thing have games?" Like a child AJ asked, leaning forward.

"Like two and they're boring ones too" JJ and AJ completely off-topic.

"Let me see that" Pope let out, trying to bring the two teenagers back to the fact they had a phone.

"Nice work rude boy"

"I steal shit. That's my job" JJ said as he stood, passing the phone to Pope.

"How'd you get this unlocked?" Pope asked as AJ stood and walked over to his side. The girl leaning over to get a look at the phone. Pope lowered his arm so she could get closer.

"No passcode, Portis keeps it loose" JJ answered.

"What are you looking for?" Cleo questioned, leaning back on her hands as she sat.

"The kidnapper" JJ stated.

"Any information that'll help us negotiate with this guy? The only problem is I don't see a Carlos Singh in the contacts" AJ watched as Pope scrolled through the contacts.

"It's just a bunch of nicknames and shit" Pope let out after not finding any names.

"Wait didn't Portis call him something else?" Sarah questioned.

"Right. He called Singh something when we were jumping his ass. It was like rockfish or-" JJ snapped his fingers. AJ leaned against the pillar behind her, the girl wasn't with them when that was happening so she was of no use.

"Oh shit, nono catfish? What was it holy crap" JJ and the others tried to think of the name and AJ's eyes found John B's sleeping figure rolling over with a sigh. Not so asleep.

"kingfish" The boy sleepily said.

"Kingfish that was it" Pope scrolled the contacts again, repeating Kingfish as he did. AJ looked over at the phone as the boy stopped scrolling.

"There he is, kingfish"

"And we in business. All right phase two. text him, okay" JJ announced and AJ looked over at him with a raised brow.

"and say what exactly?" Pope voicing AJ's thoughts.

"You know, you said it. Negotiate right? Pretend to be Portis, ask him to meet somewhere in private. That it was really important, just solo. Bam we jump his ass, tie him up and then we politely request for Kiara in return for his life. That's actually that's the plan all right." JJ explained and Sarah scoffed again.

"That's gonna work" The girl sarcastically said.

"Not a bad idea" John B shrugged.

"Not a bad idea? It's terrific!"

"Okay, I'm gonna say it. We should think this through" Pope tried to reason.

"What's rule number one? Thinking never helps when you already have the idea"

"Not a good rule of thumb, just saying" AJ spoke up.

"No no no, hang on. I agree with Pope. This could make things ten times worse for us and Kiara" Sarah argued.

"How much worse can it actually get," John B asked and both Sarah and AJ shot looks at him.

"I can think of a few ways" Sarah shrugged sarcastically.

"I can think of many" AJ added

"Okay great, well while you're thinking, why don't you just let it rip?" John B suggested.

"Thank you" JJ let out as he grabbed the phone from Pope. Typing away.

"Can we just at least plan what we're gonna say" AJ moved over to JJ.

"Okay, shoot" JJ looked at her and she held up her hand to make him give her a second. She thought of a plan and she contemplated it silently. Waiting eyes on her.

"Okay, what if. Maybe take a picture of two of us tied up, looking scared or some shit say you aka Portis has us and is holding us." John B spoke before AJ had thought of anything and the girl gave his suggestion a second thought.

"You know, yeah. It's a good enough incentive for him to come. We give him what he wants or at least he thinks so for him to come to meet with Portis"

"Okay, this is better than no plan" Sarah offered and John B searched around for some things to set up the plan.

"Okay, AJ, tie me and Sarah up"

"Kinky" AJ couldn't stop the comment from slipping after John B spoke. He sent her a look and she held her hands up in defence. "okay okay, give me the rope"

✿