"It's just a rumor." Arlo leaned forward onto the table so she could see passed Miguel to Demetri. "I know Sam, she didn't do that."

   Before Demetri could reply Arlo sat back into her chair as the teacher spoke. 

   "Hey, everybody. Who let the pigs out? I did because I ordered the fetal pigs." Mr. Palmer announced to the class. When no one laughed at his poor attempt at a joke, he continued speaking. "But seriously, get in your groups."

   Arlo, Miguel, and Demetri began talking about the assignment as they saw Sam walk up to the teacher and tell him something.

   "Who wants to take Samantha in? This little piggy needs a group." Mr. Palmer looked around the room. No one responded. "Don't all volunteer at once."

   Sam met Arlo's eyes, with a look of desperation. Arlo was about to tell the teacher they would take her but was interrupted.

   "We'll take her." Miguel raised his hand shyly and Sam smiled at him.

   Sam brushed against Demetri's shoulder as she walked over to the table. Arlo looked over to see the boy smelling his shoulder that had been brushed by Sam. 

   "Demetri." She scoffed while slapping the back of his head. He mouthed, 'what?'

   "Thank you." Sam set her backpack on the floor next to Arlo's. "I'm gonna go grab a chair."

   "Yeah. No problem." Miguel choked out as he watched her walk away.

   "How is this gonna work with four of us." Arlo asked when Sam got back to the table, pulling up a chair beside her while she spoke.

   "We'll figure it out." Sam gave her a reassuring smile.

------

   Arlo stared at the small fetal pig who had an incision going down it's stomach. "This is probably the most disgusting thing I've done."

   Demetri rolled his eyes at her while he continued examining the organs of the small pig.

   "What were you thinking for sex?" Sam asked looking across the table at Miguel.

   Arlo scanned Demetri and Miguel's faces who looked shocked by what was said. She fought a laugh that was boiling up inside of her, she knew that the two boys had interpreted the words in a different way than Sam intended.

   "Uh... Uhh.. I mean, I've-." Miguel stuttered over his words while shaking his head quickly. 

   "Because in the male, this tract opens up near the umbilical cord." Sam used her pinky to show Miguel something in the text book he held in his hand. A wave of relief rushed over his face and Arlo slightly laughed at the boy's discomfort.

   Arlo leaned closer to the pig before turning towards Sam. "I think ours is female."

   Sam nodded at Arlo while Miguel choked out. "Yeah. Yeah, I concur."

   Miguel began frantically writing something onto his paper while Arlo leaned over the table. She grabbed the scalpel from Demetri despite his protests.