"It's not a criminal trial, Harry, it's people from Human Resources," May-Li told him, sighing. He looked upset.

"So show them?" Harry said.

I've been feeling really sorry for Harry lately. I mean, Mike has been his only father figure his whole life and the two really are like dad and son. Harry really loves Mike and he'd be in pieces if Mike actually got sacked.

"I can't," May-Li admits, "I'm not allowed in."

"Right, well, we'll take them in, then," I suggested, hopefully.

"You wouldn't even get in the room," May-Li told me, filling me with disappointment, "They just wouldn't allow it." She sighed, "Just concentrate on the questions, ok, guys?"

•••

A little while later, we were still sat in the kitchen when Carmen came in. A tear was rolling down her face and Sasha was behind her, nearly shouting and Ryan was tagging along too.

"So, what was that all about with Ryan?" Sasha asked, instantly, quickening her pace.

"Might have known," I sighed and exchanged looks with Tee, "What's he done?"

"Oh, shut up," Ryan said, "It's got nothing to do with me."

"Sounded like it was to me," Sasha said, out of breath.

"It's not!" Ryan defended and then turned to Carmen, "Tell them, will you?"

Carmen turned around from where she was facing the sink, her face was tear stained, angry but also hesitant.
"Are you ok?" I asked her, my eyebrows creased together in concern.

"No, he's right. It's not him," She says and we all look at her expectantly.

Sasha spoke first, "Carmen, what did he mean, then?" She asked, "How can you save Mike?"

"Carmen?" Tee questioned when she didn't reply, "Carmen, what is it?"

Carmen just shook her head, she glanced at Ryan, then back at Tee and then she walked off out of the kitchen. We all looked between us with confusion, but Ryan just had a smug expression. Tee and Sasha left the kitchen and followed her into the living room.

Meanwhile, Bailey, Jody, Tyler, Floss and I were ushered into the quiet room where we sat down with the black temp, Phoebe I reckon.

"So what makes you think you can replace Mike?" Jody immediately interrogated her.

May-Li immediately shut her up with a subtle cough and Jody sat back on the sofa. "Look, I like happy." She told us, "I don't exist well with conflict."

"So..." Tyler began, "If you get the job, does happy mean we can do what we want?"

Phoebe hesitated, "Well, if we all talk it through, then, yeah." She said, "Give young people respect, you get it back."

Floss sat forward, "Do you like sprouts?"

The four of us groaned, "Oh, here we go, Floss." Bailey uttered, circling his head back.

"No, it's all right," Phoebe said, "If you don't like sprouts, they're gone." She held up her fist, "Power to the kids.

Then, we heard shouting in the lobby. May-Li excused herself to find out what was going on and we all decided to follow. "But they're all gonna hate me!" Carmen yelled.