After a moment of examining the outside, Din turned his head to look behind him at the astromech. "R5, you ready? I'm gonna need you to scout ahead and analyse the atmosphere."

R5 beeped nervously at the prospect of exploring the planet. "That wasn't a question." Din stated as he pressed the button on the console to lower R5 to the ground. R5 beeped frantically as he stood on the surface of the planet.

"Go over to that split in the rock, and take an air sample of the ruins below." Din explained. R5 beeped nervously again and slowly started to trundle along the ground towards the rock formation that Din had instructed him to go to.

Grogu babbled and whimpered as we watched R5 roll along, he was concerned for the astromech. His ears were lowered and his eyes looked worried.

"The droid will be fine. I just Need him to take some readings to make sure it's safe." Din explained to Grogu, trying to reassure him that everything was okay.

R5 paused as he approached the large rock formation and turned back to look at us. He beeped nervously and Din sighed. "Don't be a baby. Just get the samples we need, and hurry up." He said to the droid.

R5 beeped anxiously and turned back around, rolling slowly towards the large rock. It only took a moment for him to disappear around the side of one of the sharp rocks. Grogu whimpered again once the astromech was out of sight.

"Here, look. You can watch him on the scope." Din told Grogu, getting his attention and showing him the screen with a small red dot.

"It's gonna be okay." I said gently, Grogu cooed softly and stared at the small screen. Apparently I spoke to soon, because just as the words left my lips the red dot disappeared from the screen.

"R5, come in. Do you read me?" Din asked over the comlink. The screens turned off for a moment and Din thumped his fist on the dashboard. It switched back on but there was still no sight of R5. The only sound that came through the comlink was static.

"It's probably just interference." Din explained with uncertainty.

"I don't know...somethings not right." I said. Grogu babbled up at Din and I, trying to let us know that he was worried and he wanted us to go after him.

Din sighed heavily and shook his head. "Fine. I'll go get him. Normally, this is droid work. I was hoping to avoid going out there."

"Are you sure? What if it's not safe?" I asked, trying and failing to hide my concern.

"Don't worry. I'll pressurize my helmet. Grogu, you seal yourself in your pod." Din said. Grogu listened to Din and crawled off of his lap, climbing back into his pod again.

I looked around worriedly. I can't exactly get myself into the pod with Grogu and I don't have a helmet like Din, so I'm not sure how I'm going to protect myself from the possible toxic atmosphere.

Din reached down towards the bottom of his seat, I watched him curiously as he rummaged around under the chair. He brought his hand back out and he had a gas mask clutched in his hand, I raised my brows slightly and hummed in appreciation.

"Put this on, it should protect you from any toxicity." Din said as he held out the mask to me.

I reached out and took the mask from his hand. Before he could pull away I gently grabbed his hand and squeezed. "Please be safe."

"When am I not?" Din asked with an undertone of humor.

"All the time. Literally all the time, Din." I stated in amusement, unable to keep the smile off my face.

"Just put your mask on." He jested lightly, nudging me in the side with his arm. I laughed in response and held the mask up to my face.

"Okay, okay." I muttered as I strapped it on and turned on the air. "Do I look hot?" I asked dramatically as I turned to face him.