He watches you eat for several seconds before turning back to his own serving.

Despite the seemingly impossible escapade that he went on with you, it would be a lie to say that Diluc knew how to interact with you. You went from being a strange traveler with an odd ability to someone with quite possibly abyssal links. The latter, however, remains only a speculative possibility on his part as his mind scrambles for an explanation, for anything at all that could give a hint as to who or what you were.

You said you were from a place far far away, just how far off now he wonders. You also mentioned that you were just 'discovering things' for yourself. Perhaps not quite openly though, but the point still stands.

You were not some random traveler who just so happens to have the ability to empower vision-wielders.

"Have you had a chance to use it?" you ask out of the blue, breaking him off from his thoughts. Elbows resting on the table surface, your chin resting upon one of your palms, as you gave him an inquisitive look.

"The sword you mean?" he confirms

"What else?" comes your cheeky response, to which he gives a flat stare. You merely hold your hands up in surrender as a reply.

He sighs.

"No"

A one-syllable simple response, but you frown regardless.

"Come on... really? Not even once? No slime or hillichurl has been unfortunate to come across you?"

"I've had it for just one day" he reminds you

And unknownst to both of you, Kaeya's remonstrate from the dock incident had also put the knights on the edge.

Mondstadt was up for some delightfully uneventful days.

"That's fair..." you trail off.

A comfortable silence lapses between the two of you until finally, you decide it is time to break it again.

"It matches your color scheme, you know?"

Diluc doesn't even look at you as he replies, focusing on his plate of pancakes.

"And I certainly hope that this wasn't the reason that you insisted upon this claymore in particular."

"Well...it may have influenced my selection... by at least 20%," you say honestly

"But don't worry... it's a legendary weapon... it would do you good," you add in quick succession. Brushing off his questioning look with a grin and a thumbs up.

Beneath the table you subtly open your system screen as well, making sure to not make any noticeable hand gestures as you access it.

[ᴄʜᴀʀᴀᴄᴛᴇʀꜱ]>>ᴡᴇᴀᴘᴏɴꜱ,

And there you see it, a visual of Diluc holding Wolves Gravestone.

Wolf's Gravestone

Ascension 0✦

Level 1/20

Base ATK 46

ATK 10.8%

Well...that would have to change.

You quickly checked to see if you had the ascension materials.