𝑇ℎ𝑒 𝐻𝑜𝑢𝑠𝑒

**•̩̩͙✩•̩̩͙*˚ 𝐿𝑎𝑠𝑡 𝑡𝑖𝑚𝑒˚*•̩̩͙✩•̩̩͙*˚*

"ANGEL PLEASE MARRY MEEE~" Zenitsu begged, pulling on Y/n's clothes. Tanjiro sighed before scolding Zenitsu once more about how she didn't understand him.
-
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
-
Y/n, Zenitsu, and Tanjiro followed Tanjiro's crow to their next location when a house came into view. The three stood at the front staring at the place.

"I smell blood. But there's something…" he stopped, continuing to stare at the building.

"You smell something?" Zenitsu asks, looking at Tanjiro.

"Something I've never smelt before…" he replied.

"I don't know about that, but do you hear that sound? Also, are we supposed to work together on this?" Zenitsu said, holding a hand to his ear.

"Sound?" That's when Y/n remembered the kids. Her eyes started to scan the area, before landing on the kids. Y/n tugged on Tanjiro's haori, catching his attention.

"Hm? Is something the matter Y/n?" He asked, turning towards her. She then pointed towards the two kids huddled together in fear.

"K-kids.." Zenitsu stuttered quietly. He then began to shake as Tanjiro approached the two.

"Hey, what are you two doing here?" He asked, walking towards the kids. They then started to shake more viciously with terrified eyes.

'They must be terrified..' Tanjiro thought, before kneeling down. "Well, wanna see something cool?" He asked with a gentle and warm expression. He then pulled out the sparrow who was snuggled in his pocket. "Ta-da~" he exclaimed.

"A tame sparrow! See? Isn't it cute?" Tanjiro said with a closed eye smile. The children then seemed to calm down, before dropping to their knees. "Please tell me. What happened? Is this your house" he questions with a more serious look.

"No. No, it's not. This… this is… a monster's house.." The boy stuttered out, tanjiro then frowned.

"Our big brother got taken away. When we were walking at night, this monster we've never seen before showed up. It didn't even look at us. Just our brother" the boy mustered out.

"And they're inside that house now?" Tanjiro asked, paying close attention to their story.

"Yeah" he answered.

"You two followed them here? You did good! Great job!" The kids were now shedding tears.

"We followed the traces of his blood. He's injured" the boy whimpered. Tanjiro's face then softens as he leaned back a bit.

"Don't worry! We're going to defeat the bad guy and rescue your brother!" Tanjiro assured them.

'He really is a good big brother. They seem a lot calmer' Y/n thought watching the three interact.

"Really? You really will" the younger sister said with a hopeful tone.

"Yeah, I promise," Tanjiro promised, standing up with a smile.

"Tanjiro…hey what's all this sound.." that was the signal. The man would fly out the window, Y/n quickly ran to the children covering their eyes and ears as she closed her own eyes. Tanjiro looked at her confused before looking at Zenitsu.

"This creepy sound never stops. Is it a tsuzumi?" Zenitsu spoke in a scared tone. It would happen any minute, and Y/n was scared to see a bloody body.