View from the Top

Start from the beginning

"And points for creativity." Alexis says as Kenji smiles.

"I hear you but I still think a boat is the way to go. All we need is a better sail." Darius says.

"Not to be a downer but it took us weeks to find enough usable fabric for the last one." Yazmina says.

"And even if we do find a sail what's gonna save us from another killer wave?" Brooklynn asks.

"There's gotta be a fix. Every problem always has a fix. Ben what do you think?" Darius asks as the group sees Ben is zoned out before eventually getting his attention as he looks at the group.

"Uh yeah. What you said." Ben says.

"The human catapult is the best idea?" Alexis asks curiously.

"Oh! No. That's ridiculous. Darius is right. A raft is the way to go." Ben says.

"Thank you!" Darius says happily.

"Fine. Since there are no other options raft it is." Brooklynn says in defeat.

"Awesome! So where can we scavenge a sail that we haven't already looked?" Darius asks.

"It's a shame we can't just go up to Lookout Point and hang glide all the way to Costa Rica. That would be so dope." Kenji says as everyone looks at him.

"Lookout Point?" Alexis asks curiously.

"It's up in the mountains to the west. It's a whole big deal. They got hang gliders and everything. I used to go there all the time!" Kenji says.

"Hang gliders! As in pieces of material that are literally designed to catch wind?" Darius asks as the group cheers.

"Hey! We could use that as a sail!" Kenji says.

"Great idea Kenji." Alexis says as she smiles at Kenji.

*Timeskip*

"Welcome to Lookout Point! Well to be fair Lookout Point is up there but you get the gist." Kenji says as the group arrives at a gondola.

"So how do we get up there?" Darius asks.

"The sky gondola usually. But with the power out you'll have to go on foot. Probs just a one to five day trek." Kenji says.

"That'll take me an hour." Yazmina says confidently.

"Great! I'll wait for you at the top." Brooklynn says as she gets the gondola working.

"That works too." Alexis says as the group goes over to the gondola before Sammy and Kenji get into a gondola before Brooklynn and Yazmina get into one.

"Guess it's just the three of us then." Darius says.

"Actually you go ahead without me. I'm gonna stay behind with Bumpy and Storm. Keep them company." Ben says as he gestures to Bumpy and Storm.

"Uh.. Are you sure?" Darius asks.

"Go ahead. I'm fine." Ben says as he walks off with Bumpy.

"Alexis you go on. I'll stay back with Ben." Darius says as he runs after Ben.

"Okay that's a long way down.. and suddenly staying behind looks like the better option. Come on Storm. Let's go with Ben and Darius." Alexis says as she looks over the edge before quickly backing away and looking at Storm as he bellows at her.

*Timeskip*

"I think I heard them over here. Whoa!" Alexis shouts as she dodges a branch before Storm gets in front of her defensively while growling.

"Easy Storm! Easy!" Alexis says as she gets Storm to settle down before Ben and Darius appear.

"Alexis?" Darius asks curiously.