Chapter Five

Shizuo's POV

One week, and already it's Hell.

For the last week, I've been staying in Izaya's guest room, close to Izaya's room. I would often leave for work around the time his secretary was to show up, but she hasn't seen me. I'd leave for work, and come back when she leaves so that he's not left unsupervised.

It is currently 3 in the morning, and I awoke to a gentle poke to my shoulder.

"What is it, Flea?" I groaned, seeing the pale figure that I'm already growing accustomed to seeing in the middle of the night.

"There's a problem," he yawned, using a voice that's still very foreign to me.

"What is this 'problem'?" I yawned. From the last week, 'problem' means 'I want something'. I sat up and put on my shoes expectantly.

"I need pickles, and I ran out..."

"So?" I teased, though I knew I'd end up walking to the store.

"Can you get more?"

I sighed, putting on a shirt and grabbing my wallet. "Be back in 20..."

As I turned on the lights, I grabbed a pack of cigarettes, because I'm no longer allowed to smoke around Izaya, Shinra's orders.

This is now my nightly routine.

~*~Boring timeskip because I'm on a laptop~*~

I yawned, stretching. I was leaving in thirty minutes, Tom was understanding of my request to change my schedule, even without knowing why.

I looked at my phone, checking the time. What may I need to get on my way back?

Well my clothes, I'm running out. I've noticed that we've almost run out of ice-cream, save the midnight meltdown.

"Shizuo? You okay?" Tom waved his hand in front of my face.

"Oh, sorry. I was just thinking of things to get on my way back to- home. I need to go shopping..."

"Oh, well, if you need, you can head home now, I can handle this next one, he usually pays."

I shook my head, continuing. Though what Tom said was true, sending me back with little issue.

I headed home to grab some of my usual outfits and some pajama pants. I headed to the store and got some ice-cream.

I decided not to text him, knowing he's most likely been home alone for at least ten minutes, and Shinra said not to leave him by himself in case he's needy or emotional, not to mention that he's still not 100% on board with the whole 'baby' plan, so he still needs to be watched.

I get back, throwing the ice-cream onto the table, "IZAYA! I BROUGHT ICE-CREAM!"

He didn't respond with his usual, "Welcome back, Monster~" or "Nice to see you again~" or anything else in his too-cocky voice.

"Izaya!!" I looked around, he's always home at this time, on his computer.

He better not be with a 'client'. Shinra told me that he told Izaya not to be near danger alone. I wouldn't put it past him to sneak off though. I growl and yell again, "IZAYA!"

I almost go to look outside to see if he'd snuck off, when I heard a small whimper come from Izaya's room. My voice immediately softened, "Izaya..?"

I walked in to see Izaya in a corner, crying. Izaya Orihara was crying.

I immediately rushed to his side, emotional distress is bad for the child.

"What's wrong?"

He shook his head, clutching his phone tightly. He looked as if he was shocked and... scared?

I squinted, realizing that he was scared of something involving his cellphone.

Easily, I slipped it out of his hands, ignoring his weak protests.

I looked at the screen, almost dropping the phone.

The screen read:

FROM: Natsume-san

SUB: Hey ;o)

MSG: Hey, Honey, miss me? I miss you. Sorry about our misunderstanding. How 'bout we meet up? My place at 10 tonight. I'll make it memorable~ ;o) <3

A/N Hey guys! So yeah, this is the best I can do for now, sorry if it's bad, but it's late and I just thought you guys deserved this at least! Oh, and with the noses :o), my emoji's just aren't complete without them! XoD Love you guys and hope it's not as bad as I think it is!