Chapter 3, someone new

Amy, stood on her tippy toes as she rows her hand, brushing against her messy bedhead quills she grabbed the nearest cup in the cupboard, an orange and white one. She boiled some water and shifted to her right to grab her favorite peppermint, lemon tea bag, along with a cinnamon stick that she had been urging to use. She popped a sugar cube, and a dash of honey into her cup. She put the hot water in and let the teabags soak in her soon-to-be delicious cup of tea. She looked over to the window, feeling the warm sun grace upon her skin

She smiled and took a deep breath, she wanted her tea to cool down, so a couple moments of thought couldn't hurt, right? She placed her hand on her cheek still looking at the wispy view from the window. She couldn't believe that Shadow had already been living with her and her family for three weeks! She loved her time with Shadow. Although he could be a grouch at times she could see the good in him. She continued with her thoughts, dreamily as she looked outside. She liked doing things with him like talking about his interests, going to the flower garden, and showing him around the farm, although they'd only done that once, the memory made her heart filled with joy, don't get Amy wrong,

She wasn't boy-crazy like she was a while ago, she started her boy-crazy phase a little earlier than most, at the age of eight her little tomboy heart yearned for a certain speedy hedgehog at the time, but that's a story for a different day. Amy felt the need to get to know Shadowa a little more on a personal level. She hasn't tried it yet, but she hoped that one day, that would be hopefully soon, she would get the courage to ask him about home life. Maybe she could even share some things that she's been metaphorically hiding in her basement. But other than her lack of personal knowledge of him, annnddd The fact he still has cautious nature around her, she thought she got to know him pretty well! Amy was more than ready to learn even more. she kept staring at the window blushing just a tad, imagining her serious new guest.

At this point, Amy's tea was already well warmed and was just at the right temperature, but Amy's mind had different plans, soaring through the endless possibilities of the situation's actions, and all the above things that they could do together, fun things that would make her heart burst into joy, as she was continuous, staring into the beautiful view in the window, she had some sort of a jump scare, "POP" she heard something say, with a girlish voice, surprised by the sudden noise, Amy fell to the floor on the sadly, non-carpeted kitchen floor.

She was in the kitchen and was on hard light beige tiles. She bought herself up to the window and saw her quite Big and tall friend named...Big! With his purple head and round eyes standing before her, the Big cat in front of her was quite a surprise, she probably should've suspected he would come sooner or later since none of her friends have visited her yet this summer, if she had known he was coming, she would have done a less unwelcoming greeting.

" Big! Why in chaos's name are you here?" She said, looking at him, crossing her arms in a disapproving manner, "Sorry, we just wanted to see if you wanted to hang out today at Cream's house" he said, with his unusual voice that fit him just swell. " we?" Said Amy, kind of annoyed, looking at him with the same disappointed face as before.

Big gave a cheesy smile, using his arm to scratch the back of his neck, Big bent over and picked up a Cream colored rabbit with a cute little orange and red dress with a sweet blue thick ribbon tied at the caller. " hi!" Cream said to Amy who had a 'Really this is happening?' expression on her face she shook her head in a joking manner and began to speak, getting up from the floor, and walking over to the side of the counter. not before steering her refreshing tea, after she took a sip, she place down the glass and looked up at them with a humored smile.

" Fine, fine I'll go. I'll be there lickety-split" she said, with a wink once again, taking a sip and placing down her yummy tea she went into her room not before glancing at shadows room. Who's was just the tiniest bit cracked open, she got dressed out of her modest pink pajamas, and brushed her frizzy, curly hair while humming while doing so, she got her usual long white dress boots and flower on her usually she would be all dressed in the afternoon but today she felt just a bit more lazy than normal with all the exciting yet seemingly casual things that the weeks brought she felt a little more tired than usual.