105. Personal statement

Start from the beginning

"He knew?" Arthur asked Kingsley.

"Please don't get mad" Spencer sniffled.

"I'm-" he took a deep breath. "I'm not mad" he shook his head.

"You can't tell anyone" Spencer wiped the tears off her face. "You can't tell Molly" she shook her head.

"Spencer-"

"You can't" she shook her head.

He nodded, "I won't tell anyone."

"As sweet as this is, they're ready" Snape spoke.

She nodded, wiping her face with the cardigan she wore.

One Remus left behind.

"Arthur, you can wait for her here if you'd like" Kingsley spoke.

"I'm-"

Spencer shook her head, "I won't be able to get through it if you're there" she whispered.

"Sweetheart" he whispered.

"Come to Hogwarts after work" she smiled. "I'll show you my apartment" she nodded.

He nodded softly, "ok."

She hugged him, "I love you" she said.

"I love you" he replied.

She walked out of the room, Snape stood in front of her. Kingsley behind her.

She wrapped the cardigan around her, suddenly feeling cold.

Snape opened the door for her, Kingsley led her to an empty space for them to sit.

Spencer saw that he nodded at someone, signaling them to begin.

"The court calls one Ramona Addison, make your way to the chair" a man said.

Spencer saw as she walked to the chair from the opposite side of the room, not sparing her a glance.

"Today, June 13th 1994, the court will investigate a claim brought forth by Spencer Artemis Venus. Please state your name, date of birth, and current occupation for the record."

"My name is Ramona Addison, I was born on November 12th, 1936. I'm not currently working."

"Ms. Addison, do you understand the charges made against you?" the same man asked.

"Yes sir but I-"

"No need to explain, a yes or no will suffice" he looked back down at the pages on his table. "Do you understand the charges made against you?"

"Yes."

"And you understand that if you are found guilty you will accept the terms of punishment this court deems fair?"

"I understand, sir."

"And if we do not arrive to a solution today you agree not to leave the county, city, or state in which you reside in?"

"Yes."

"And you agree not to speak a word of the events that take place in this court to the press?"

Spencer saw her inhale, shocked by the question.

"I-" Ramona stuttered.

"Ms. Addison," the man took off his glasses, "you said you understand the charges made against you. Alleged or not, the plaintiff was a minor at the time."

"Ms. Addison," a woman cut in, "we take our jobs very seriously. We cannot have public opinion in a case like this."

"I understand" she nodded.