𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐈

I was born on the horrible planet of Altyar. Unlike how its name sounds, it is an unwelcoming, freezing planet, only full of outlaws seeking shelter from bounty hunters across the Galaxy that were searching for them. Unfortunately my mother had passed away from the inhabitant species of Altyar, the Lennik, only a week ago. I had never known my father. Mother never talked about him. It was just me and her. 

Now that Mother is gone, I had to leave our home. It was only a small cabin with a few cabinets for storing food, as well as two sleeping bags. There was a small fireplace in the center of the small home. Now I don't know what has become of it. I hid after Mother died. 

I hiked through the icy mountains, though from what I could see ahead of me in the ice storm, I had barely traveled up the foot of the mountain. I found a gouge in the side of the mountain. I huddled up for a minute to rest, tired of walking for so long. Tomorrow, I decided, I would find food. Then I got up and grabbed the few sticks that I had took from the pile at home. I couldn't carry very many, only being eight years old, and I had other thing such as clothes and blankets to bring along with me as well. 

As I was setting up another fire I heard the noises. The same horrifying creatures that killed my mother. As I looked up from the blazing fire, standing there was a Lennik. A terrible, disgusting creature. Impossible to describe, as the planet of Altyar is always dark, hidden by its many moons. There was only a small patch of sunlight on the entire planet, which I had only seen once, when I was very young. 

The monster took a step closer towards me, with a strange look on its disgusting face. Now it screeched at me, pulling out a long, worn axe. I closed my eyes and prayed that by some miracle I would be sheltered.