"Is it really that obvious?" he sighed.

Letting out a sneer, she nodded. "I bet everyone in your class knows as well." rolling his eyes, Sungchan folded his arms before dropping a bomb. "Deiji does as well"

"WHAT!" this was something she did not expect. Her son confessed?? "When did you tell her?" she approached him and whispered out like it was some high class information to not be shared with anyone else. Glancing over to the stairs she pulled him further into the kitchen.

Clicking his tongue, Sungchan looked remorseful. "I didn't but she figured it out ages ago. Let's say I was caught off guard with her question." looking down at his mother he spotted her hopeful orbs staring back at him. "And?" she gestured moving her hand wanting him to carry on.

"And what?"

Groaning, she slapped her forehead lightly. "What did she say?" she shook his arms aggressively. "Nothing" he exhaled before pulling himself out of her grip. "Literally nothing. She hasn't ever answered nor did I ask"

"Why?"

"Mum, I don't want to put her in a spot. And . . ." gulping he pressed his lips together. "I'd rather be with her as a friend than ruin what we have" taking a step back she began to observe him thoroughly. His words and way of thinking made her proud. Reaching out her hand she gently pinched his cheeks. "Look at you being so mature"

He was respecting her situation. The girl did not know her response and Sungchan was happy to wait patiently until she had one. She was happy that her son was not urging and putting the girl on spot. He wanted Deiji to understand her own feelings before giving a proper and real answer.

And Sungchan's mothers intuition says that good will come to him one day

I really wish I could've stayed longer - Deiji dwelled as she stood in front of her house uncomfortably.

She didn't want to leave yet but it seemed like she had no choice. Sungchan had to leave for his volunteering job and both his parents had to go to work. On top of that his mother was against Deiji staying any longer knowing that Joo ri would be worried that her daughter had yet to return.

"Her, worried about me?" scoffing, she rolled her eyes.  "As if" she clenched her jaw tightly finding it unbelievable. She'd have no care in the world.

"I want to stay. I don't want to leave" she whined. Sungchan looked over and shook his head with a faint smile. "Deiji you're going to be alone."

"I don't care, I'm fine with being alone" standing up she attached herself onto his arm tightly. He knew that she was trying to just avoid facing the situation head on. "Deiji," he sternly spoke.

Pissed off that the boy isn't willing to see it in her perspective, the stubborn girl spun around facing her back at him. She was sulking. However, Deiji didn't understand that Sungchan was trying to help her out. He wanted her to stop running away and solve the problem. Placing his palms on each side of his torso, he tilted his head towards her with an emotionless gaze. He was in the middle of figuring out how he could get to her when another voice interrupted their trivial quarrel.

"Wow, this looks heavy." Turning over to look at the culprit they found Sungchan's mother standing at his bedroom door. Slowly she walked in further as a cunning smile raised off her lips with devious ideas. "Like waiting for STD results heavy"

"MUM!" sungchan pressed out to which she just ignored and attempted to keep in her laugh. "Deiji sweetie, I would love for you to stay as well but I don't want your mother to think that I am going to steal her daughter because I happened to have a son. I don't want her to be any more worried" though Sungchan knew that his mother was cracking jokes like always he groaned out slightly irritated. "Come with me. I'll drop you off"

So here she was unwillingly standing inside her living room now. At first she thought she could make some sort of excuse saying that she can't get in her house without the keys, but she forgot that Sungchan happened to have a spare pair just like she has one for his house. They both thought it would be useful in case of emergencies. But now she was regretting it.

It was already near evening and today was the day her mother's shift was shorter. So Deiji was unsure if she was home or not. Therefore she chose to scan the area and went upstairs.

Opening her mothers bedroom, she walked inside. The whole place was empty and clean with no sign of her anywhere. The only thing she was presented with was the faint scent of her mothers aroma floating in the air. The soft vanilla with a hint of cinnamon lingering around.

Truth is, she loves this scent. It was one she grew up with. It gave off a feeling that screamed home. As a kid Deiji used to always hug and cling onto her like a koala. Looking back at the door of the room she visualises a scene from her past. The one where she ran in with a big youthful smile stretched far with no terror of the big wide world.

Remembering the way she called out to her mum with undying love. She would sprint into her arms as Joo ri lifted her off the ground and gave a bone crushing hug. Then they would jump into bed together with Deiji being tucked under the duvet. Joo ri would always make up some bedtime stories on the spot that took her into a whole other fantasy world and into dreamland.

She really misses that time. The way she used to dig her face into her mothers collar and listen to her melodic lullaby and fall asleep.

Sadly that spark they shared has digressed into nothing. Deiji still waits for those days to return. She hoped that one day she could at least tell her mother the truth as to how she feels. To say the three words that she dreads to express so badly. But Deiji fears that she would just receive rejection.

Sometimes, she believes that her father may be the missing piece to their relationship. Afterall he was also the reason why their affection distanced further and further.

Sighing, Deiji, felt this overwhelming feeling in her heart take over. It was suffocating. An emotion that can't be said out loud. No words could describe the way she was feeling. All she could do is scream out in anger and suffering. Throat clogged up and stomach churning with tightness, she aggressively pressed her lips in a straight thin line.

She couldn't breathe. She did not feel alive in the same room she once did when younger. Taking a step back, Deiji was about to leave.

However, she was unable to when her toe stubbed against a heavy strong item. It felt like her nail tore off leaving a sight of her skin beneath. Screaming in agony, Deiji fell onto the bed, rolling side to side. Hand covering her toe, she blinked vigorously in order to prevent her watering eyes from crying along with her voice.

Taking a deep swallow of air, she carefully sat up to check the injury to find nothing but a plain of red seeping out between her skin and nail. Gritting her teeth at the raw image, she cursed out and stood up to see what was the culprit. Both feet were on the ground, but Deiji did not place her toe completely on the carpet so that she does not exert any pressure on the wound.

Momentarily, Deiji shut her eyes and took a inhale to ignore the burden her foot was applying on her. Gently, she fluttered them open so that her dark emotionless orbs feasted upon an unknown piece of treasure that she had stumbled upon. Its existence was unknown . . .

. . until now.

  until now