Ryujin groaned in embarrassment, hiding her head in Yeji's shoulder.

"What?" Lana defended. "My daughter met her dream woman, and she exceeded every standard your father and I had. I have a right to be whimsical, Ryujin."

Yeji was grinning into her coffee, and Ryujin sighed blissfully. She lived for that smile.

Karina and Jefri were smiling knowingly, digging into their food. Jisu came and sat on Yeji's other side, a smirk on her features.

"Little bird is leaving the nest, huh?" Jisu quipped.

Yeji glanced up at her. "I am." She teased back.

"Good. You picked a good one." Jisu nodded at Ryujin, who was talking to Chaeryeong animatedly.

"I picked the best one."

"Alright, lover girl."

"Hey, would you look at that." Keith grinned, coming in from the yard with Yuna and Hongsam. "The couple of the hour."

"Hey guys!" Yuna chirped, clearly excited at the sight of her two favorite people.

Keith came in and dropped a kiss on Ryujin's head, and then Yeji's, putting a hand on each of their shoulders.

"Any nerves?"

"No." Ryujin snorted.

"Yeji?" Keith tried. "Just hoping I don't mess up my vows." She admitted softly, and the whole room "awed".

"You haven't heard them?" Karina asked Ryujin, clutching Jefri's hand as if trying to relive their wedding.

"Nope. Someone's been particularly sneaky, about them." Ryujin murmured, brushing a lock of hair behind Yeji's ear.

The two were lost in their own world, smiling softly at each other, until Chaeryeong roused them once more.

"Jihyo's calling. It's go-time, people."

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------

"You remember this place?" Ryujin nudged Yeji as they approached the front of the resort together, hands laced.

"I remember this exact moment, actually." Yeji breathed. "You were preparing me to meet your family. I was so nervous."

Ryujin laughed. "Didn't my mom interrogate you that night?"

Yeji nodded. "She pulled me over to the bar, outside the restaurant we were all eating at, and she gave me...scotch, I think. She asked me what my intentions were with you."

Ryujin smirked. "Did you tell her it was to fake date me and cut all ties?"

Yeji rolled her eyes. "I told her that I was your best friend, no matter how our relationship went. I kept trying to prepare myself for the worst because I didn't think it possible for you to ever feel the same."

~~~

"I'm not one for partying, Mrs. Shin." Yeji replied, taking a sip, her expression indecipherable.

"Really?" Lana shot back, taking a sip of her own. "One would think that, maybe you and Ryujin aren't compatible, then?"

Yeji wore a smirk. It couldn't have been liquid courage. Not after one sip, that was still in the process of burning her throat. "Quite the opposite, I think. It just means I'm better equipped to care for her."

Lana would have sputtered or choked on her drink if she didn't have the self-control of a practiced woman of her age. "I see." She nodded. "And what is it you do for a living, sweetie?"