CH. 21

Ryujin and Yeji had every intention of making up for a year and a half's worth of sex on one evening.

What they hadn't counted on was the exhaustion that pressed on after what was maybe their-sixth, possibly seventh orgasms each.

Yeji had tasted every inch of Ryujin's skin, and felt her die and come back to life in her arms over and over again.

Ryujin had seen every reaction Yeji had to offer, from screams of pleasure and moans to absolute shameless begging and soft whispers.

They laughed and giggled into their kisses, they'd whispered sweet sentiments into each other's ears, and they'd made love over and over again.

Undeniably, it was the best experience either woman had ever had, drunk on love and their attraction they'd kept pent up for so long.

So, when Ryujin fell backwards onto the bed, absolutely sore, and Yeji had cleaned her up between her thighs and climbed back up to kiss her, they both knew that they needed rest and recovery.

"Come here." Ryujin tugged her down for one chaste kiss before pulling what was left of the sheets over their bodies, hot and slicked with sweat. "I don't think I'm going to be able to walk tomorrow."

Yeji gave her a proud smirk, and Ryujin rolled her eyes, turning so that she was spooning Yeji, despite the heat, pressing her body against her love's.

Yeji settled into Ryujin's arms, sighing as her head hit the pillow, Ryujin drawing patterns on her bicep, admiring the way the muscles tensed with slight movement.

"I love you." Ryujin kissed her shoulder softly.

"I love you, too." Yeji replied softly, sleep eating away at her words.

"It's barely nine-thirty. We had an early dinner, and dessert." Ryujin chuckled into Yeji's shoulder.

"Power nap." Yeji mumbled, a grin on her lips. "So I can make sure you know how much I love you."

She could feel Ryujin's smile into her skin as she closed her eyes, willing her breathing to even out.

Sleep came to them with the blink of an eye.

----------------------------------------------------------------------

Yeji had barely slept for more than half an hour when she heard a consistent ticking. She cracked an eye open, feeling Ryujin's arm still draped over her, though her grip had loosened. Yeji grumbled something incoherent and tried to shut her eyes.

Again, ticking.

Incessant, louder by the second.

"Ryujin?" Yeji whispered.

Ryujin hadn't stirred, her breathing soft and even.

Yeji bit her lip and slowly slid out of Ryujin's embrace, eyes narrowing towards the source of the noise.

Ryujin seemed not to notice, still thoroughly asleep.

She narrowed her gaze in the darkness, eyes honing in on her purse, draped across the floor. She knelt forward, inspecting it curiously, opening it with a frown, the ticking beating louder.

Opening it, she held up Keith's watch, and her heart stopped. Guilt wracked her heart as she felt tears pricking at the back of her eyes.

And suddenly Yeji was overwhelmed, her fear all too real. She turned back to Ryujin, her entire soul weeping as she realized, with sinking clarity, that this could never be.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------

Yeji's eyes shot open. Her heart rate slowed as she realized that, while the ticking and the watch had all been a potent dream, her fears were still very much present. She tried to hold back her sob as she glanced back at Ryujin, and she felt her anxiety kick in, like it had when she was younger.