CH. 6

Yeji nearly jumped up in surprise at the frantic knocking on her door, the echoes reverberating through her apartment walls.

She knew it was Ryujin, and yet, she was still a bit surprised.

Shin Ryujin, just like her friends, had never really taken to knocking.

At least as far as Yeji knew, anyway.

"Yeji!" Ryujin called exasperatedly, deciding to screw formalities and push the door open regardless of Yeji's position. "We have to move!"

Yeji glanced up at her from her position on her couch, laptop hot on her lap as she listened to the rhythmic ringing of her outgoing Skype call.

Yeji was probably saying bye to Yuna.

Ryujin's gaze softened immediately as she trailed off. "I can come back." She murmured.

"No, you're fine." Yeji patted the seat beside her on the couch, and Ryujin padded over silently, sitting with her knees up, hugging them as she eyed the screen, and then her best friend's gaze.

"Yuna?" Ryujin asked gently, heart warming just thinking of the little girl with bright eyes and her love for Yeji.

Yeji nodded. "I promised her I'd say goodbye, in case I wouldn't be able to call her while we were at the reunion."

Ryujin frowned. "Aren't you bringing your laptop?"

Yeji hummed her affirmative response. "Then why don't you just call her and stick to your schedule?" Ryujin asked genuinely.

Yeji made a face. "I wasn't sure what I was going to be doing. I wanted to be committed to your cause fully, without distractions, and I.." she trailed off. "I didn't want to get her hopes up."

Ryujin's hand slid over Yeji's as she squeezed gently, reassuringly. "Yeddeong, you know that this is important to me. Of course, I want you to have time for things like this."

Yeji looked surprised, her eyes widening a little, allowing light to flood their umber depths. "You do?"

"Yeah." Ryujin nodded. "I know how much it means to you, and Yuna, and I would never infringe on that-"

Yeji looked slightly emotional, but before Ryujin could finish, Yuna's beaming face filled her screen as the call connected.

"Yeji!" Yuna's voice was alight with childish glee upon seeing what was, essentially, the best role-model in her life.

"Hey, Yuna." Yeji greeted softly, a smile melting onto her features as she subconsciously brushed her thumb over Ryujin's hand.

Ryujin reddened, inhaling at the touch, before she realized Yeji was doing it subconsciously.

"Is Ryujin there?" Yuna asked hopefully.

Yeji rolled her eyes, pivoting the computer slowly so that the lens adjusted to Ryujin's smiling face, cheeks still a bit rosy. "She's here, too."

Yuna grinned once more. "Hey Ryujin!"

Ryujin waved to her. "Hey Yuna. How's it going?"

"Good!" Yuna smiled proudly, turning her head to grab something, when Yeji noticed a large black looking spot on the side of her forehead.

She gasped and Ryujin nearly jumped at the sudden change in Yeji's demeanor.

"Yuna.." Yeji began, trying to contain her fear and what sounded a lot like rage. "What.. what's that on your forehead?"

Ryujin looked concerned. Yeji had said Yuna's latest foster parents had been kind enough.

"Oh, this?" Yuna shrugged nonchalantly. "I got hit playing hockey yesterday."