chapter 3

As Chongyun woke up, he turned around to hug Xingqiu from behind.
He felt him flinch.

''oh..sorry, did I wake you up?" He asks his voice a bit low from the morning.

''n..no..I was awake already" Xingqiu answers ''I didn't slept well to be honest'' he adds

''oh..why? Are you still sick ?" Chongyun asks still hugging him, burying his face in the crook of his neck

''no.. it's just that..I don't know..I feel weird, I woke up during the night and it felt like I was somewhere I didn't know" Xingqiu explains with a little voice.

''mh...maybe you had a nightmare?..a sleep paralysis even?" Suggested his fiancé.

''..it wasn't a nightmare since it seems too real..but I was able to move so it's not a sleep paralysis either..maybe...maybe I had still a bit of fever that's why...'' Xingqiu tries to convince himself.

''yeah..maybe.." Chongyun tightens his grip around Xingqiu's waist, snuggling a bit more against his back. He felt so good hugging him.

But Xingqiu was a bit tensed up. His heart was bitting so fast. It was like he wasn't use to his embrace anymore. It felt new and he couldn't understand why.
But he says nothing. He lets him do it.

This feeling..it remembers him the firsts days where he and Chongyun were a couple. They were both so shy and every physical contacts gets them flustered so fast.
Why was he feeling like this again?

Xingqiu was craving Chongyun's touch, he wanted to turn around and hug him back, but he wasn't able to move. He was getting stressed by the fact Chongyun was this close to him.

''Em...I.. I'm gonna make breakfast'' He says before he got up and get out of the bedroom

''Wait-.." Chongyun sighs.
He wanted to cuddle with him a bit more.

•••••••

Xingqiu was In front of the stove, cooking some scrambled egg when Chongyun enter the room leaning against the door frame with his arms crossed.

''are you mad at me?" He ask

Xingqiu avoid his stare
''no..''

''then gimme a kiss.'' Chongyun asks as he gets closer to him.

''huh-..I..I haven't brushed my teeth yet-" Xingqiu say a little bit of panic in his voice.

''yeah and? i don't care, why are you acting so weird recently?"

Chongyun grabs his fiancé by the hips making him sits on the furniture beside the stove. Their face close to each other's.

"I... I'm not acting weird, it's just.. isn't it gross?" Xingqiu looks away his face becoming red.

''what are you saying? You give me a kiss every morning-"

Suddenly, Xingqiu flinched. A white flash blinding him a few seconds.

''oh-...you're right'' He says. "Sorry my dear..'' he turn his head and kisses him softly on the lips.

Even though Chongyun was satisfied and a smile was clearly appearing on his face, he was a bit skeptical about his behavior. He let go of him because the eggs were about to burn.

'' I'm sorry I don't know why I did this..I think I'm still a bit sick, I have a headache'' Xingqiu ads.

''go take some medicine, I'll finish the breakfast, love" Chongyun says as he caresses his back gently.

Xingqiu sighs and went to the bathroom.
As Chongyun was finishing the breakfast, he decided to call Xiangling.

Xiangling is Chongyun and Xingqiu's friend since several years now. They've know each others since their college years.
She own a restaurant call the Wanmin restaurant. It was her father's restaurant but now she had taken the lead of it.

Even when the the place is closed, she is there. She's always experiencing new dishes. And even though the mixture of some ingredients seem weird sometimes, she always manage to create something good.

Anyways. He takes his phone and call his friend.

•••••••

Xingqiu was in the bathroom. Rinsing his face with cold water. What is wrong with me?? He asks to himself.
He keeps having a weird feeling of something unknown.

It's like his mind isn't completely here. 

Maybe he's just tired. Or perhaps there's really something wrong with him? Why does it feels like all this isn't real?

He sighs. He don't want Chongyun to worry about him and his state.
And he's in denial too. He don't really want to admit that something is clearly wrong with him.

He looks at his reflection in the mirror. Even his reflection don't seems real. He stay still. Looking through his own eyes. Wait... Why his reflection seems transparent?

He approches the glass slowly. Suddenly a loud sound made his ears whistle. What was it? He cover his ears in pain, his head his spinning a bit. It sounds like squeals of tires.

Knock knock

A muffled voice could be heard. Suddenly he was back to normal.
Chongyun was calling him on the other side of the door.

''Xingqiu? Are you alright?'' he seems worried.

''huh..yeah-..yeah I'm fine don't worry. I was..lost in my thoughts..'' he went out of the bathroom

''oh..did you take your medicine?'' he asks caressing his cheek.

''yeah.. I'm feeling a bit better already'' Xingqiu lies with a soft smile.

''great then... I've called Xiangling, she said we could visits her at the Wanmin restaurant today, how about this afternoon?'' Chongyun asks.

"Sure" He just answered briefly ''let's eat our breakfast now, I'm starving'' Xingqiu then went to the living room.

•••••••

Later that day, during the afternoon, they went to visits Xiangling at her restaurant.

They talked together a lot, and they even announced their future weeding to their friend.
She was so happy to hear it she almost cried.

''I'M Sooooooo excited hihii. Oh! Can I be the chef for your wedding?? Please?? I'll prepare new dishes just for it. It'll be like..like..Boom! It'll be incredible!" She exclaimed.

Chongyun chuckles and Xingqiu smiles

"Sure you'll be'' Xingqiu Said ''anyway.. I need to go to the toilets, I'm feeling a bit dizzy, I'll come back'' he immediately went to the toilets.

''oh..he does not feels good'' Xiangling pouts

''yeah.. actually..I wanted to talk to you about this..'' Chongyun sighs

Xiangling looks at him, raising an eyebrow, as to asks him to keep going.

''well...since he proposed to me he keeps acting weird. Like..he avoid contacts with me and all..''

''I see..maybe he's a bit stressed don't you think? You should huh...you should take some time alone together to talk about it..what about you ask him for a pic nic date mh??" She suggested

''I.. I'll see..do you really think he's just stressed?'' the blue haired boy doesn't seems convinced.

''I clearly don't know. Buuut-.. that's a possibility." She says.

''maybe...'' he sighs

Xingqiu came back, he was a bit pale.
''can we..go back home please? I'm not feeling well''

''oh..yes love, let's go back home, sorry Xiangling, we'll see each other later'' Chongyun got up of his chair to help Xingqiu walking outside.

''don't worry! Xingqiu take some rest!" She says waving to them.