nine

| 𝗰𝗵𝗮𝗽𝘁𝗲𝗿 𝗻𝗶𝗻𝗲 |
𝙬𝙝𝙚𝙧𝙚 𝙩𝙞𝙢𝙚𝙨 𝙛𝙤𝙧𝙚𝙫𝙚𝙧 𝙛𝙧𝙤𝙯𝙚𝙣, 𝙨𝙩𝙞𝙡𝙡

| 𝗰𝗵𝗮𝗽𝘁𝗲𝗿 𝗻𝗶𝗻𝗲 |𝙬𝙝𝙚𝙧𝙚 𝙩𝙞𝙢𝙚𝙨 𝙛𝙤𝙧𝙚𝙫𝙚𝙧 𝙛𝙧𝙤𝙯𝙚𝙣, 𝙨𝙩𝙞𝙡𝙡

✧༝✧

Riven hadn't drank at Nicole's party. She'd merely stolen Conrad's drink to piss him off. She spent the rest of the night with Zac, with Conrad on watch closeby, until Belly stormed up to her upset about finding Taylor kissing her brother and then they went home.

With that happening, Riven forgave Belly for telling Taylor about what Conrad had said, it didn't seem important anymore. And after a while, Belly made up with both her brother and Taylor, although the situation still felt weird, considering Steven had been with Shayla. But they'd made up too. Relationships were confusing.

Now it was the Fourth of July, which in Cousins was all about traditions. Susannah would deck out the whole house, the boys steamed clams and set off fireworks. And the Dads would come up for the weekend. Which was great until Riven and Spencer lost their dad. And now, Mr. Conklin had a new girlfriend, while Mr. Fisher was, to put it lightly, an asshole. This year was going to be fun...

Riven dragged her hand through her hair as she entered the kitchen, ready for some breakfast. Belly and Jeremiah were already at the table, while Susannah, Nancy, Laurel and Steven were at the kitchen island prepping for the party.

"Did you say Dad's not coming?" Conrad asked, walking into the room with Spencer and a bucket full of clams.

"Mm-hmm." Susannah nodded.

Jeremiah looked disappointed, "But I got some serious fireworks for the show this year."

"We'll take a video." She told him.

He diverted his gaze, "It's not the same."

Susannah exhaled, "I know."

Jeremiah caught his brother leaning his back against the sink with a smirk, "What're you smiling over there for?"

Conrad shook his head, "No reason."

"Shayla's coming today with Nicole and Gigi, so you'll meet her." Steven told his mom.

"That's wonderful." Susannah beamed and then pointed to Riven, "Oh, and don't forget, Ms. Covington's first dance rehearsal is tomorrow, so, uh, tick-tock."

"Do I have to have an escort?" Riven exhaled, grabbing an apple from the fruit bowl, "What happened to women being independant?"