65. Back To The Tedious Office Work.

Start from the beginning

"I'm sleepy, Felix."

"You're not taking good rest even after everything is fine now." He said and I nodded sleepily.

"Shall I escort you to His Majesty?" He asked and I nodded.

"Okay." He smiled as he walked with me.

I reached at Dad's office barely awake with Felix beside me.

"Good..." Yawn, "morning, Dad."

"You're late." Dad said blankly and I rubbed my eyes.

"I came as soon as I," yawn, "woke up."

"Are you sure you're awake?" I nodded sleepily.

Felix poked at my arm, "Your Highness, His Majesty is handing you papers."

I opened my eyes and walked up to him, taking the papers.

"This is the ceremonial program, make sure to have it memorized by the end of the day."

"Is there really any need for this? You have already declared me as the Crown Princess before the nobles!"

"It was only on the paper, now the whole world needs to know that you're my successor."

"Man, this is so tedious!" I groaned.

"It's not an easy task to anoint a Crown Princess of an Empire. The priests are in the midst of the prayer to determine an auspicious day. We can finalize the exact day then. Furthermore, we'll need to plan out the budget, and oversee a number of things, so hurry and finish the documentation and stop sleeping!" I jumped as Dad raised his voice and then sighed deeply as I realised I'd dozed off in the middle of his words.

"Have mercy on me, I've been working nonstop!" I groaned running my hand through my hair.

"Did you say something?"

He wouldn't hear such things.

"It's nothing, Felix take me back." I said as I took Felix's arm for support.

"Felix, stay here!" Dad said and I looked at him.

He wouldn't even let me take a support back.

"I-I'm sorry, Your Highness." Felix said and I waved my hand dismissively.

"Bring the rest to the Emerald palace." I told a maid before I walked out of Dad's office.

"Ugh, I'd have preferred to be Lucas' successor over it." I groaned as I walked sleepily and bumped into someone.

"Uh, Your Highness, are you not feeling well?" I heard a gentle voice and I stepped back stifling a yawn.

"Ijekiel, ah, no, it's Duke Alpheus now." I said and he smiled.

"It's hard to get used to, isn't it? Whenever I hear that title I still search for my father

"It's hard to get used to, isn't it? Whenever I hear that title I still search for my father." Ijekiel said as he bowed taking my hand barely brushing his lips over my knuckles.