Arlo and Aisha quickly looked at Miguel who gave them both a reassuring nod. Aisha spoke up. "Yeah. Mostly online. I get mean texts and e-mails sent to me. Makes me not wanna go." Arlo nodding in agreement.

The man continued pacing in front of the girls. "Who sends you these messages?"

"Well, they're mostly anonymous." Aisha followed the man with her eyes as she spoke. "These kids create fake accounts, and they tell me things like I'm ugly and that I should kill myself."

"Oh my god." The man stopped in front of Aisha before continuing to pace. "What a bunch of pussies!"

The two girls looked at each other then at Miguel, they all shared a confused face.

"Back in my day, if you wanted to tease someone you did it to their face." The man pointed towards the two girls. "There was honor, respect. These geeks hiding behind their computers, what a bunch of spineless losers."

"They do it to my face." Arlo shrugged her shoulders casually. "These girls threw my shirt into the trash and dumped coffee on it during gym class today."

Miguel looked at the girl with a worried expression. "What?"

The blonde man put his hand behind him to keep Miguel from speaking. "You're not afraid of these losers, are you?"

Arlo and Aisha shook their heads. "No."

"You gonna take shit from these losers?" The man stopped in front of the two girls.

"No." They both replied sternly, as they raised their heads higher.

"Good, because when I'm done with you, you're gonna be sending a message back. Only it's not gonna be with your keyboard." The man nodded and held his fists up to the girls. "It's gonna be with your fists."

"Hell yeah!" Arlo shouted while smiling, getting a quick nod and smile from the older man.

-----

   Arlo and Miguel stood face to face like they were told to. Aisha stood on the other side of the mat across from the blonde guy.

   "Alright lets see what you got Miss Miller." The man spoke. "Face me. Bow." The three bowed. "Face each other. Bow."

   Arlo and Miguel turned to look at each other and bowed with their hands tightly by their side.

   "Mr. Diaz, show her everything you've learned."  The man turned to look at Miguel then to Arlo.

   Miguel face scrunched up and he turned towards the older man. "Wait, wait. I don't think this is right Sensei."

   "You don't think what's right?" The man cocked his head towards Miguel.

   "She's a girl. I'm not gonna..." Miguel's voice trailed off as he continued looking at the blonde man.

   "And?" The older man pointed towards Arlo. "I thought you said women were equal to men."

   "I did say that. I didn't mean it like that." Miguel raised his hand towards Arlo who was watching the two men talk.