62. Everything Is Turning Good.

Mulai dari awal

I sighed as I looked at the pile of papers that I had to finish. He was literally ignoring all the work now that I had taken it up again. He opened his eyes and looked at me, I would lie if I said he didn't look better these days.

His skin was radiant again and his eyes were holding the softness which made me wonder if he really was called tyrant by some people.

"Wow, is it just me or are you aging backwards?" I asked and he rolled his eyes.

"Why do you always end up talking like that when you see me?"

"I can't help it, if I had found you when I was Athelinda I would have proposed you." I said and he stared at me.

I could imagine Lucas' face if he had heard this comment and I couldn't help the laugh.

Dad sighed as he shook his head and I took a seat on the chair in front of him and took the papers in my hands.

There was a lot of paper work pending, though Athy was working but she couldn't do all of it. Besides that, the nobles were getting restless after I had summoned Duke Alpheus to the palace and they were eager to know what I would decide to do with him. Well, it was more like they wanted to make themselves turn good in my eyes because there was a vacant Dukedom now.

"There are a lot of pests outside the audience hall." Dad said and I hummed.

"It's better to ignore them." I said as I started writing, it was peaceful for a while before Dad spoke up.

"Did you take care of the Duke and him?"

I knew who he meant by 'him'.

"Yeah, they had woken up a while ago. They're resting for now, I've asked Lucas to look after them."

We fell silent again and I asked.

"The ministers are starting to wonder when you'll be returning to your duties."

"Who knows..." I looked at him.

"Ah, don't tell me that you're going to leave everything to me! I'm already tired as hell!" I groaned and then noticed the presence of Athernitas which made me look at Dad.

"It seems like I have to take care of another pest for now." I said as I ran my hand through my hair.

"It seems like I have lost my touch," Dad said, "seeing as how I let something like that approach us."

"It's him, Dad."

Dad sat up and I tilted my head to one side looking at Duke Leopold Calio who stood a few feet away from us.

I stood up with a sigh and he flinched slightly as I approached him.

"Stop... Stop sneering down at me like that." It was Athernitas, I crossed my arms at my chest and gave him a challenging look.

"You sat there and mocked me the whole time, didn't you? You bitch... you've always looked down at me and now, you're here again!" He shouted and I stared back at him.