62. Everything Is Turning Good.

Comenzar desde el principio

"Yes!" Athy said with a smile.

"You really think so...?"

"Ara, why does she look so skeptical?"

"Of course! Why else would the Duke had protected you so desperately? He even reminded me of Ara when she did such stupid stuff to protect me. Don't you think so?"

"Hey!" I looked at Athy but she ignored me.

"It's just that... ever since I came to the palace I've gotten the sense that I really don't know anything. I'd never even thought about why I was being raised in the Alpheus mansion." Athy and I exchanged a look.

"Oh, but I was glad because I had the Princesses and also Ara had told me everything so, it made me feel as if I had somewhere I could belong to."

She fell silent after that and even Athy couldn't say anything.

"I'm sorry, should we talk about something else?" Jennie said trying to change the topic and I looked at her.

"You should try talking it out with the Duke." Athy said as he held Jennie's shoulder.

"O-Oh, no. It's not like I think Mr. Alpheus is a bad person. On the contrary, he took in and raised an outsider like myself... I'm just saying I understand what kind of situation I'm in..." She said and Athy looked at me with pleading eyes as if asking me to convince her.

I reached out and placed my hand over Jennie's head making her look at me.

"There are few things that can only be cleared after talking them out. Just like how you got to know that we really cared for you after we talked to you personally. Just imagine if we hadn't talked to you and you didn't know what we felt about you then it would have been easier for Athernitas to manipulate you into hating us. Don't you think so?" Jeanette slowly nodded and I smiled.

"Your Highness?" I looked at the maid who had arrived.

"Duke Alpheus is asking for Princess Jeanette." She said and I looked at Jeanette.

"Perfect timing!" Athy said and she turned Jeanette around and gave her a light push.

"Go on!"

"H-Hold on." Jeanette said and I spotted Roger Alpheus coming towards us holding the wall as his support.

"Jeanette, where are you? Jeanette!" He spotted us and I could see just how much weak he had gotten, yet he was keeping on his feet for this child.

"Are you okay?" He asked, his voice was really hoarse and weak.

"Go, Jeanette. He had been looking after you like a father when your blood father wasn't there." I spoke in her head and the tears appeared in her eyes.

"Uncle?" She ran over to him and I and Athy exchanged a high five.

Now all that remained was taking care of Athernitas as the final thing.

I looked at Roger talking to Jeanette who continued crying and I couldn't help but smile. He looked up at me and Athy as we looked at them with smiles on our faces.

"Just get well soon, Mr. White. I don't want my sister to cry every time she sees your tired face." I said to him using telepathy and he gasped lightly before he looked down at Jeanette.

The next day, I went to the garden where Dad was busy enjoying his break. I saw him lounging on the couch not caring about the paper work in front of him but just looking at the sketches which I had made when I was a child. I found it quite endearing that he was keeping those pictures but I would rather be happy if he took up a little work.