Part 37

The day of the actual Miss Universe pageant was in full swing. Natasha sat on a plush royal blue chair with gold accents in her and Steve's room, a makeup artist close by along with a hairstylist and her assistant.

Steve sat on the edge of their bed, clad in a black button down with matching dress pants, he'd put on the matching blazer before they leave. He watched his wife with a content smile on his face.

She looked so stunning and graceful at the moment that Steve found it hard to take his eyes away from her.

And although she looked stunning with her makeup all done up and her hair all curled, Steve could tell she was nervous. So getting up from his seat, he walked over to her and gave her brief peck on the lips before murmuring a "you okay?"

Natasha looked into his eyes for a brief moment and nodded slowly "I will be once we get there and I see all the other girls." She replied in the same low tone

Natasha had stayed in touch with some of the contestants over the last year. They often met up with each other and shared their praises for one another on Instagram.

Steve nodded in understanding "just remember that you're not alone. I'm gonna be there every step of the way, right in the front row." He smiled

Natasha smiled back and gave a small nod "I know, you're my number one fan and I love you."

"Eh, I bet you say that to all of your fans and admires." He teased

Natasha chuckled at his comment and shook her head in amusement. Steve smiled, proud that he was able to put a smile on his girls face.

Straightening up, Steve went back to his spot, continuing to admire the beauty that he gets to call his wife.

----

A black SUV pulled up to a large stone building, paparazzi surround the entrance waiting for their chance at the next big photo. Steve stepped out of the car, offering his hand to his wife who took it gracefully as he helped her out of the car.

Their she stood, her hand intertwined with Steve's and her black dress hugging her every curve. They matched and the couple knew that paparazzi was gonna have a field day with that little fact.

"Mr. and Mrs. Rogers, over here." A man yelled, a camera in his hands as he started to take pictures of the young couple

This lead to the couple being bombarded with questions and the flashes of the camera lights. Fighting past the paparazzi, the couple entered the large building where they were automatically greeted by   a older woman wearing a dark purple pencil skirt and a matching blazer, a black shirt worn underneath.

"Natasha, it's so good to see you my dear." She greeted with a smile on her face, her greying hair pulled back into a low bun

Natasha smiled "Mrs. Carter."

The two women shared a tight embrace before Natasha turned to her husband, her arm draped over the older woman's shoulder as she smiled. "Steve, this is Peggy Carter, she's the one who got me into modeling and pageants. Peg, this is my husband Steve Rogers."

Peggy gave the red head a knowing look before looking back at the blond in front of her "it's so nice to finnaly meet you Steven, I wished I could've made it to the wedding but I'm afraid that I was feeling a little under the weather."

Steve gave her a understanding look and shook her hand "I completely understand. It's a pleasure to meet you Mrs. Carter, my wife talks very highly of you."

Peggy smiled and soon enough she was leading them through a long hallway, women running in and out of dressing rooms. She finnaly stopped at a large white door 'Natasha Rogers' printed on a small silver plate.