Chapter Five - Impatience

I sat there in an empty room, by myself, there was nothing on the walls. It was completely bare, the soft hue of blue painted the walls. Nothing hut a plant in the corner and a round-ish wood table sat right in front of me. The soft luscious chairs off put the quietness. Although the silence made it seem so sad, I think it was me drowning myself in my own thoughts. I still had that lingering taste in my mouth of the displeasing sourness.

Part of me wanted to weep, and to lay down and never see the light of day, not without my joe.. my joe. I had to accept the fact that he was gone, and it was no one's fault. I had hoped he was resting peacefully. Up there with.. all of our fur babies. Oh and how my heart hurt in that very moment...

I heard the click of a door and I was greeted by a lady with light hair and green eyes. She had a small mole right below the right of her nose. She walked over and sat down in the chair across from me. I could sense her nervousness. I guess I would be as well. She cleared her throat, then spoke, it seemed more firm than I initially thought it was going to be, "Mrs. Swift." She held out her hand, I slowly shook it. "Erika Lennon, tell me why you, chose me out of anyone else?" I looked at her, with grey in my eyes. "I didn't, Maren simply full-filled my request on wanting her best journalist to document everything about my life." I stated firmly.

Erika looked at me and had a look of shock almost, she hadn't said a word yet before she rummaged through her bag and grabbed out a small notepad and a pencil. Then, she got out her phone and set it down on the small wooden table. She cleared her throat and looked at me. "Well I hope you won't be disappointed by my work, Taylor." She said with a very soft smile.

I looked at her and shook my head, no emotion on my face. I leaned forward and sighed. "Hit Record, Miss Lennon." I said, my voice dry and scratchy, I needed something. Erika leaned her brightly painted nails to her phone and pressed record on it. Looking at me, as the beginning of something revolutionary was happening

————————————————

~ nothing much to say about this chapter, thank you for reading

-j