10.Marriage

"Shut up." A loud intimidating voice booms in the surrounding silencing the naughty brats who were laughing at Crystal.

Crystal stands still with clenched fists void of any emotion like a statue. When she was in Trixty town, people used to taunt her for causing her brother's accident and laughed at her for being a mute girl.

People used to mocked her, tease her and call her names when she wouldn't response to their questions. Most of those evil people were the one who had something to do with her then best friend and her endurance made them loose the joy of teasing her.

Miraculously, she survived the high school years alone without any disturbance from other soul and she is quite thankful to herself for being brave enough to withstand those bitter days.

She could have coped inside her room any without contact to the outer world for fear of getting teased or hearing uncomfortable words but she chose to prove them wrong, show them, her parents and herself that being a mute, she can survive too.

It was not her fault that her brother ended up in an accident and become a vegetable for the rest of his life.

Yeah. She feels guilty, till date when she thought of that dreadful day where everything once she thought important were snatched away from her. She didn't have any resentment towards her parents neither now but its just that their rude remarks and heartless actions made her feel numb.

She had always thought that her parents somewhere have some love for her even though they never shower her with one but all that crumbled when she got discharged from the hospital.

That day, as soon as she had opened her eyes after undergoing treatment, her mother slapped her hard on her hand when the attending nurse who was sorting out the medicine stopped her when she saw her intention of wanting to hit her face.

Her mother lashes out crying out for her brother who was laying in the hospital bed and her father shook his head in disappointment. Taking in their reactions, she felt cold all over her body and tears slips her eyes making her look pitiful.

The attending nurse's heart broke looking at her pitiful appearance but her parents didn't visit her for the next days. Until she discharged, she didn't get a glimpse of them and after that she was taken to her home, where she had to listened her mother's accusation for every coming minutes.

She endured everything by herself without sharing it with a single soul with a promise given by the stranger who had saved her life and the promise of him to met again made her somehow survive those brutal days. The hope of meeting Aaron made her feel alive when everything around her was scatter.

"Apologize!" A loud shout sounded and a hand holds her fist, spreading warmth to her cold body.

The group of mischievous children stands still with dreadful faces and lower their gaze towards the ground. Aaron's majestic voice makes them shudder and they wish for their mother to come to their rescue. If they have known that they would encounter Aaron then they wouldn't have followed George's lead on mocking Crystal.

"Sorry." A seemingly coward kid whispers fearing Aaron's bulging veins without giving heeds to George who glares at him for being a wimp.

"Louder!" Aaron yells as if commanding his soldiers and now the children screams at the top of their lungs with a bit of shame, guilt and fear.

"We were wrong. Please forgive us."

"Whom you should apologize?" Aaron asks while squeezing Crystal's hand as if to assure her that they won't repeat the same mistake.

"Crystal, we are sorry." George who cannot withstand Aaron's pressure apologize looking reluctant.

"I am not a mute girl." She says without agreeing or denying making the children to look at with astonishment.

"You can speak?" One of the kid asks with a look of disbelief and glares at George whose eyes are looking at his sneakers.

"Yes." Crystal says looking at the group of ignorant children and they smiles as they hear her answer.

"But befo-" One of the kid is about to ask a question when Aaron interrupts him.

"She was ill but now she has recover. So, I hope you guys wouldn't tease anyone from now onwards."

"We won't." The naughty children shouts with the shake of their head and Aaron pulls Crystal to walk towards the direction of Aunt Mary.

"Thank you." Crystal says pulling away her hand form his hold and they continue walking with a slight hmm from Aaron.

Aaron walks beside her glancing at her side profile and feel amaze as how she can keep up with the taunts and mocking she has and have to hear. He himself does not know that something is changing about him and it would bring a whirlwind of emotion to him.

They reach the doorstep of Aunt Mary in silence and Crystal rings the bell. The next second the door opens and Aunt Mary beaming face comes in the view. She welcomes them while intimately holding Crystal's arm and leads her to the kitchen while Aaron walks towards the study where Aunt Mary husband Willy is looking through some files.

"You shouldn't have bring one but I love it." Aunt Mary smiles heartily seeing the pot of plant Crystal has bought and places it besides the other plants.

They wash and cut the vegetables and Aunt Mary cooks the dishes one by one. The two of them cook faster and Liam joins them halfway.

He cheekily shouts to help them but Aunt Mary shoo him away and let him set the table. After preparing the dishes and salads, right on cue, Aaron and Willy comes downstairs.

Then everyone seats on the dining table and starts the dinner. Aaron, Willy and Liam talk about some soldiers affairs while Mary and Crystal joins here and there.

As they finished the dinner, the men volunteers to do the dishes and the woman sits down on the sofa watching TV.

Later on, the five of them sits down together and the conversation swirl around Crystal.

"It's been three months she has been living here and the upper ones wouldn't permit for a longer stay." Willy says while looking at Aaron.

Only family members are permitted to live in the family home and Aaron's parents'meticulous service has helped him consider Crystal's situation but now it's impossible.

"Yeah. She might have to move away soon." Aunt Mary's face morphed into sadness.

"Hey! I have a got a solution." Liam exclaims beaming with happiness as if he has figure out some great ideas.

"What?!" Aunt Mary asks looking at him and everyone's eyes turn to him.

"Marriage."