chapter five;

I felt nonstop but gentle nudges on my arm.
I slowly opened my eyes to see a wide awake grayson next to me.
"What the fuck are you doing?" I asked rubbing my eyes.
"You don't think I'm going to sit here by myself for 19 hours do you?" He giggled. "Well according to you I guess not." I replied adjusting myself upright in the seat.
He spun our chairs so we were facing each other.
"Talk to me Sammy. Tell me all about you." He said as he opened a big bag of m&ms.
He put the bag in front of me and raised an eyebrow.
I dug my hand into the bag taking a lot. "Well coffee boy. There's not much to know." I replied.
"Well then this won't take very long." He smiled.
He knew how to trap me.
"Well, I love music. It's my escape from reality I guess you can say. Life. I like to get away once in a while. Just close my eyes and take in the music. I feel it." I said popping a red m&m in my mouth. "Interesting." He said.
"Tell me your favorite things." He added. "Well, my favorite animal is a bird. I love how they can just fly anywhere. I'd love to do that but I guess I'm just a human." I said.
"Well that's good because I'd never get to meet you." He said.
"true." I replied.
"My favorite color is blue. I've always liked that color I don't know why." I added.
"So you must have someone special at home." He said shoving more m&ms in his mouth.
"What?" I asked.
"You know, a boy." He replied.
Ugh.
More memories.
Daniel.
The sadness the guilt.
"Like a boyfriend." Grayson added.
I gulped.
"No..no boyfriend no special person. None of that shit." I said looking out the window.
I fought the tears forming in my eyes. "Did I say something?" He asked putting his hand on my thigh.
I picked his hand up and put it on his lap. "No. I'm just fine." I said looking out the window.
"You know you can tell me." He said.
"I barely know you coffee boy. And trust me. This isn't the easiest thing for me to say." I said gulping again.
"Well I can be a therapist too." He smiled. I slightly giggled.
"Really?" I asked tilting my head.
"Yep. I accept tips too." He replied.
"Well I'm broke." I said.
"Oh no Ms. Sammy, I don't mean tips as in money." He replied.
"Then what are your tips coffee boy?" I asked.
He smiled.
"Your voice." He said.
I rolled my eyes and dug my hand into his bag.
"Your a strange guy coffee boy." I said. "Yeah, but who wants to be normal right?" He laughed.

••••••••
"So you didn't say anything about yourself?" I asked.
I could tell he got slightly uncomfortable. "I don't matter. You do. And i believed you never finished a story from our conversation before." He said.
"Because I don't feel like talking about it." I said looking down.
"Well when you are im here." He replied. I took out my headphones.
"Let me escape with you." He replied.
I smirked looking down.
I gave him one headphone.
"First song. Thunder Road By Bruce Springsteen. Your driving down an empty highway with the sunroof down. You have on rockin sunglasses and you have your hands up in the air." I said.
"Do you feel it?" I asked.
I looked over to grayson smiling from ear to ear.
He nodded.
"Okay, next song New Soul By Yael Naim. Your in the city. In a park. You lay out a towel. And lay down and look up at the sky. You see all people around you. There happy. Kids playing, dogs running, sun is shining but you don't hear them. It's so peaceful." I set up for him while we listened.
"Do you feel it?" I asked.
He smiled and nodded.
"Okay, last one. All I Want By Kodaline. Your walking down a road. There's super green grass on the sides of the road. Everything is peaceful. You just look around as you walk. Then you start running. Your so energized. Your living." I said.
I glanced over to ethan who had his eyes closed.
"Do you feel it?" I whispered.
Without opening his eyes, he reached over and grabbed my hand.
He nodded.
We sat like that until the song ended. "Wow.." He said clearly shocked.
"What?" I asked.
"You have a gift. How you can do that. I feel soo....good. It's weird." He said.
"Yeah I know." I laughed.
"Your different." He smiled.
"Yeah I get that a lot." I replied.
"But I like it." He said.
I smiled as I popped more m&ms in my mouth.

~~~~~~~~
Hey guys sorry I haven't updated in 2 days. Anyways please vote and comment. Also please listen to those songs I had. There deep songs that I just love. There different. Please listen to at least 2 minutes of each and just take it in. Even if you don't like it just wait. Please comment and tell me what you think of the songs. Ask your parents if they know who Bruce Springsteen is, I'm sure they will. My dad loves him:) hes an amazing singer and he had many other amazing songs. Tell me if you want more good songs by him, I'll give you a bunch :) his concerts are amazing. There like 5 hours long. Okay, bye.
Xoxo kirsten💋