~"ye mera office hai"~

Start from the beginning

Driving as fast as he could, Farjaad was now waiting for Umeed outside her house. Leaning next to his car, his sunglasses on, trying to hide his nervousness under the guise of cool. That quickly went away the moment he saw Umeed walk out. Looking fully corporate and a new kind of confident. Slowly straightening up, Farjaad took his sunglasses off and gave the girl in front of him a good look from head to toe. Only when Umeed snapped her fingers in front of him did he get out of his fazed phase. 

"Itni dair laga di Umeed. Hum late ho rahay hein"

He tried to cover up as he opened the door for her, and quickly moving to his own side, avoiding any eye contact with her. Umeed smirked at the impact she had on him. Guess she wasn't the only nervous one. 

However, the Farjaad that was being a man in love outside the car completely changed gears as soon as he got in. He was all business throughout the ride. Telling Umeed about the work, the office protocols, the expectations from her and what not to do. 

The last thing he said to her as he parked the car was, 

"Aur Umeed, aik aakhri baat, hum saath kaam kar rahay hein par mein chahta hoon ke office ki premises mein hum strictly professionally deal karein aik doosray ke saath. Idhar udhar ki koi baat nahi. Tumhara aur mera jo rishta hai wo office se baahir hai. Okay?"

A part of her felt dejected, but she knew he was right. Obviously, they had to be professional in the office. Especially him, he was the boss after all. So she just nodded. 

"Good. Phir chalein, Ms. Umeed Pasha. Welcome to the office."

As he was about to walk out, Umeed suddenly held his arm. He looked around to find a mischievous smile on her face, as she leaned in closer, making Farjaad's breath hitch. What was she doing?

"Abhi to hum office ki premises mein nahi hein, to aik baat kahoon?"

Farjaad kept looking between the hand on his arm and her eyes that were fixated on his face. Unable to speak a word. This proximity was driving him mad. He gulped and managed to nod. 

"Achay lag rahein hein aaj aap."

She said in a mere whisper and then jumped out of the car. She knew the impact she had on him and she loved making full use of it. Farjaad took a couple of deep breaths to calm his pacing heartbeat and got out. 

What has he gotten himself into?

The lift ride was tense to say the least. Both of them were thinking about the last time they were here together. The day they both feared they'd lose each other forever. The day Farjaad thought he had gotten late to the most important meeting of his life, and the guilt was about to eat him alive. Now looking at this woman in front of him, same place, completely different situation, he said a silent prayer of gratitude. A sudden wave of emotions overtook him. The lift was still five floors behind. 

He grabbed Umeed by her arm and turned her around to face him. She looked at him confused. Wasn't he just saying something else two minutes back? Farjaad looked deep into her widened eyes, and smiled with endearment. He really did get lucky. Still holding her arm with one of his hands, he tucked a strand of hair behind her ear with the other hand and leaned down. He lips inches away from her ear. Umeed could feel his warm breath on her skin, sending shivers down her whole body. 

What was he doing?

"Tum bhi buhat achi lag rahi ho. Balkay buhat hi achi lag rahi ho." 

He whispered. Then just as he was about to move away, he stopped, and said in the huskiest voice Umeed had ever heard,