The Not-date pt.2

Start from the beginning

"Okay. Cool." I said awkwardly and went to take off my roller skates.

In the bathroom, I ran up to the sink(a/n get it, "Sink"?) and splashed water on my face. I took a deep breath and tried to calm my nerves and my heart which was beating at a million miles per hour.

Breathe in.

Breathe through.

Breathe deep.

Breathe out.

Then my phone buzzed, which gave me a little jump scare. I pulled it out of my back pocket to see it was Noah who called me. I instantly answered it.

"Noah, hi! What happened? I heard-"

"He's a fucking liar!" Noah shouted, "And he's a cheater! Why would he do this to me? Why would anyone do this to another human! I have feelings! He said he cared about those feelings, but he didn't. He didn't!"

"Wait, rewind a little bit. What happened?"

"That lying idiot that you set me up with- wait, where are you?" he asked. Pretty random thing to ask during one of his little outbursts.

"I'm at the roller rink? What does that have to do with anyth-"

"Where did Sadie go last night?"

"What? I thought you left the party early! How did you know I was with Sadie?"

"Two reasons. One: I have a source - who may or may not be Caleb - who told me you two left together and Two: I can see your locations on Snap Map."

I knew I should've turned off my location.

"Well, yeah. I'm here with Sadie."

I could hear his bitchy smile over the phone.

"It's not a date!" I defended.

"Yeah, sure it's not." he said, sarcastically.

"It's not! We don't even have actual feelings for each other!"

He sighed. "You see Mill, Love is blind. But in your case, its also deaf, mute, dyslexic, schizophrenic, has a bad heart and moves around in a wheelchair-"

"Not helping."

"-my gaydar says you two are in love, but you've blinded yourselves because of the public, your jobs and other peoples opinions."

I closed my eyes and took a deep breath, I knew he was right.

"Well, your gaydar isn't always reliable. Remember when you said Lana Del Rey and Taylor Swift probably have some sort of chemistry between them?"

"Oh come on! They probably have or had something!"

I giggled a little bit. "Oh wait, weren't you saying something? Who's a liar?"

He cleared his throat. "Well, that asshole you set me up with is a cheater."

My jaw dropped. Dylan seemed like such a nice guy.

"What?! How? Why? When? Where is he now? Because I swear to god, if I find him-"

"Mil, please don't commit a crime. As much as he is a bitch, he's still human."

I rolled my eyes because I knew this means Noah still loves him. "Fine. But what happened?"

"Well, it turns out he was still talking to his hot ex."

Oof. That's gotta sting. "On a scale of 1 to Michael B Jordan, how hot was he?"

Silence on the other end. "If Michael B Jordan had a really hot kid with Megan Fox."

"Oh. It's that bad, huh?"

"Yeah. But I can't blame him, though. Danny's kind of hot-"

"Wait, his name is Danny?"

"I know, he even sounds hot, doesn't he?"

"Honestly, yeah. I'm sorry. How does ice cream and rom coms sound?"

"Like fun. Now," he sniffed. "enough about me. You need to get back to your date. She probably thinks you died or ditched her or something."

Shit. I almost forgot about Sadie.

"Fuck, I forgot about her. I hope she's still there."

"Go get your Cinderella before she leaves the ball, princess Charming."

"Funny." I said sarcastically and hung up.

----------------

A/N

I feel like I'm not updating my other book enough and I'm favoring this one and the other one feels bad:(

I will try and update both regularly !!!

Also, like, a while ago I got into a car accident(don't even ask) and the doctors put an oxygen mask thingy on and I was fighting the urge to say "Don't even try, I breathe Taylor Swift lmao".

Anywayyyy do you guys like Max?