⭒ TWENTY-SEVEN

"No cause like, what single guy carries feminine hygiene products with him?"

"I'm telling you, it was from a sex ed presentation!"

Yebin was doubling over with laughter by this point. "What university still has sex ed presentations?"

"Ours, apparently."

Their laughs mingle together musically as ice cream melted in their bowls, coasting the spoons in sugar. Yebin hadn't expected to have this much fun, but Taerae wasn't as quiet as he seemed in the hallway. He knew how to make her laugh and how to carry a conversation.

It became clear why so many students at their school fell for him.

Yebin found herself wanting to fall for him. She wanted to be able to like him guilt-free, but her chest ached when she caught herself smiling too long. As if a certain teal-haired boy was punching her in the heart.

"Why did you ask me out?" The girl asked suddenly, trying to distract herself from what was going on in her head.

Taerae's ears went red as he scraped the sides of his empty ice cream cup with a spoon. He shrugged, seemingly too shy to look Yebin in the eye. "I don't know... When I heard you were single, I really wanted the opportunity to get to know you better."

Yebin dropped her hands to the side and nearly flinched when she felt her fingers fall across Taerae's. She didn't, and it made her feel incredible guilty.

"Why did you say yes?" Taerae's voice broke her thoughts and she finally met his eyes. She'd known he was attractive since she saw him in the hallway, but the way the light hit his skin, and the way a gentle breeze blew by and tussled his hair, made him look entirely alive.

Before Yebin could think, his shirt collar was bunched in her hands as she pulled the boy forward and kissed him. He hesitated for only a moment before kissing her back, his hand slowly moving to her cheek, and Yebin smiled when she tasted chocolate on his lips.

Click!

The moment was short lived, and Yebin's head felt fuzzy as she broke the kiss.

"I'm so sorry—" she began to say, tears threatening to prick her eyes when she realized what she'd done.

"Oh, Taerae!" Yebin pulled away from her date completely as the unfamiliar voice hit her ears, ducking her head as a male she didn't know approached them with a laugh. "Are you on a date?"

Clearing his throat, Taerae forced a smile and looked up at his friend. "Yeah, man. A little privacy, please?"

"Yeah, yeah, yeah," the boy disregarded, and Yebin looked up just in time to see two more boys approaching. Her heart hammered against her ribs, and she met Taerae's eyes as she began collecting her things. "I should probably go..."

Her heart broke when she saw guilt flash across his face. "Of course. Here, let me drive you—"

"Taerae! Aren't you going to introduce us?"