"Lionel..." Bella walked into the room and wore a confused stare towards Monique. Bella then noticed Lionel's teary eyes. "Lionel, what happened?" She rushed to him ignoring the woman that was also inside the room. Lionel weeped badly while Bella looked at her son confused before engulfing him into a very tight hug. Lionel hugged his mom for so long. "Mom, I lost my child.."

Monique's ears picked up the weight of his words and moved her attention back to the elderly woman who was comforting Lionel. Her mouth hunged open. She was staring at her mother-in-law right now. She never got the privilege to meet Lionel's parents and she also noticed throughout their marriage that the topic of his parents was a touchy and sensitive one for Lionel. She didn't pry much into it as she wanted to be stuck into his good books.

"What do you mean your child? What's going on?" It was then Bella noticed another person in the same room with her and Lionel. "And who are you young lady?" Bella asked. Monique sniffled and wiped her tears before she spoke. "Am..am Lionel's wife. Ma'am."

Lionel felt awkward at the moment and looked away the moment his mother's shocked eyes dawned on him. He closed his eyes knowing how much she had been shocked by many news tonight. Bella turned back to Monique who tried to smile but her lips mumbled into a small sound before she began crying again for the dead of her unborn child.

"My..my grandchild. You were pregnant with my grandchild?" Bella asked Monique in shock. Monique nodded while weeping badly and rushed to hug Bella tightly. "I've lost my child mom-in-law," She weeper against Bella's bosoms while Bella had a lone tear in her eyes. She didn't know about her grandchild on the way but was still sad thinking about it. She felt extremely bad for the poor blonde lady who lost her child before she got to see her but also wandered if this woman was the same person who Lionel left Eden for.

Lionel held his waist with both his hands and went into deep thought. He was excited about the baby despite it being the product of only a night of being inebriated but nonetheless he loved him and was willing to make his child the happiest for having a father like him. It made him recall Mia and he realized he only had her in this world as his only child.

He regretted ever neglecting her before she was born and now he was paying for his deeds by the heavens taking away his child before being born. He regretted not even bothering to call Eden once during the last stage of her pregnancy and about her birth. He knew nothing about her. It was right now he was beginning to feel the pain of loosing a child and he feared loosing Mia as well. He had to build his relationship with her and somewhere knew it wasn't too late to do that.

"Mom. I need some fresh air right now." Lionel whispered and walked out of the room not caring about anything nor anyone at the moment. The news hit him pretty hard and all he wanted was to be alone. To be alone at this moment but he would have made an exception being in the company of one person but sadly that person didn't want him anymore. It was clear from her expression and act that she didn't want to be with him anymore. Had he lost her for good this time?

Eden walked home seeing there was no cabs available. She had walked a few metres away from the hospital and was hoping to get a cab soon seeing as it was dark. The streets of New York could be pretty dangerous at night especially in alley areas which was close to the hospital. She had walked a few more steps when she felt someone's shadow looming over her through the street lamp beside her. Her heart thumped in her chest and she clutched her bag more up her shoulder and began to increase her steps praying within for a cab to arrive.

She also heard the fast footsteps from behind her and she gasped in fear before picking up her pace. She barely made a few steps when she was cut by her right arm. Her arm that held her handbag. She screamed for help twice before her voice became muffled seeing a large hand wrap around her mouth shutting her screams.

The person reeked of alcohol as the smell passed through her nostrils making her to begin imagining the worst scenarios about to happen to her right now. She held onto the man's hand around her mouth while the man's other hand went to her bag. She tried moving and wiggling away from his hold but the man was obviously stronger than her making her feel extremely helpless which she hated at this point. She was done for.

The man screamed when Eden bit his hand on her mouth giving Eden the chance to kick him between his legs making the drunken man groan out in pain. Eden didn't step further when the man grabbed her harshly this time trying to pull her towards an alley. Eden yelled before she heard a familiar voice. That all familiar voice that for some reason made her calm and safe at this point.

She looked back and Lionel was running towards them. The man pushed Eden forward while grabbing her bag away from her shoulder and running off. Eden gasped due to the hard push and almost fell but she landed her face unto his chest before holding his broad shoulders for balance. She perceived his intense cologne and looked up to spot those brown eyes that had worry in them.

"Are you okay?" He asked her and Eden kept staring at him. He looked handsome under the street light that showed his handsome face despite all the bruises and few bandages on his neck and left side forehead. "Eden?" He raised his voice a bit to get her attention and it did work as his voice brought her out of her daze.

"Y..yeah am..am fine. Thanks to you." She thanked him at the end and straightened her body to face him. She then gasped realizing her bag had been stolen by that man. Luckily she had her phone in her jeans pocket and her important documents weren't in the bag stolen only a few dollars were in there which meant she didn't have any money on her to go home right now.

"Why are you walking on the streets this late at night? Something could have happened to you if I wasn't there." Lionel scolded her and Eden gulped looking so stupid at this moment. "Thank goodness..." Lionel sighed in relief and Eden was still not buying this sudden care for her and she hated how it bothered her a lot.

"Come. Let's wait in front of the hospital and call for a cab or get an uber." Lionel suggested but Eden caught him off. "What's the matter?" Eden didn't know how to approach him with the fact that she didn't have any money on her for a cab or an uber.

"No, I refuse to accept that." Eden said feeling embarrassed. "And what's the problem now? It's very late and you don't have any money for a taxi or an uber and plus, it's really late and might not get a chance to spot a taxi at this hour." Lionel rubbed his temples seeing Eden being persistent on not accepting his offer. "Don't do this for me okay. Do it for Mia. She's waiting for her mom at home right now. And I don't want my daughter's mom to be out on the streets alone at this hour. Do you understand?" Lionel said sternly.

Eden turned to notice his expression. His tone of voice got possessive when he mentioned Mia and she caught unto that easily. It then dawned on her that he had just found out about loosing his child with Monique a few minutes ago. That must have explained his reaction towards Mia all of a sudden.

"Please Eden. Just listen to me this time. Okay?" She didn't argue this time and simply nodded. Lionel smiled faintly and reached for his phone and dialed his driver. His driver came in less than fifteen minutes with the car and Eden got into the car but not before replying a low thank you and wishing his health to be a lot better. Lionel smiled at her concern for him and the car drove off. His smile dropped. He liked her concern for him but he wanted more from her. He wanted them to start afresh again but she didn't want to and for obvious reasons.

And that reason was as clear as day. Don't you get it. You're a married man and am not going to get involved with a married man. Her words echoed in his mind giving him the answers he needed. He knew what he had to do inorder to have a chance with her again and this time there wasn't any thing stopping him from doing this right now. It was the best decision according to him.

You guys obviously know what he means....