7. frenemies?

𝐀𝐦𝐛𝐮𝐥𝐚𝐧𝐜𝐞𝐬 𝐚𝐫𝐫𝐢𝐯𝐞𝐝 𝐚𝐭 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐬𝐜𝐞𝐧𝐞 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐟𝐨𝐥𝐥𝐨𝐰𝐢𝐧𝐠 𝐧𝐞𝐱𝐭 𝐝𝐚𝐲,
I sat next to Chad & Mindy. I was unable to move due to the horrific scene of Anika falling off repeatedly playing inside my head. Sam had been trying to get my attention for the past hour worried for me while Chad had his arm around me waiting for me any moment to snap back into reality.

I felt the paramedics stitch up my wound telling me it wasn't that deep but still severe for me to take care of, but i wasn't paying attention to that, I had just lost both of my best friends to what?
A stupid Halloween costume.

Someone had crossed the yellow caution tape, making Chad carefully removing his arm around Y/n sprinting down to them.

'Where were you?!' Chad yelled as he pinned Ethan against a van.

'What, When?' Ethan panicked.

'Last night!' Chad shoved him more into the van.

'I had Econ! You know this!' Ethan defended himself.

'Bullshit man, You disappear, and my sister almost gets killed?!'

Ethan stared at him with wide eyes 'Dude i was in a study hall with a hundred other people. You can ask any of them!' he responded.

'Fuck, Man!' Chad let go of him & made his way back next to Y/n checking if she had any sign of consciousness again.

Landry made his way over when he saw the cops cover a body with a tarp. 'Oh my god' Ethan whispered. 'Who is that?'
'Anika and Quinn' Mindy responded blankly.

'Mindy, I'm so sorry' he started.

'Step the fuck back' She sneered. Making the brunette back away. 'You're at the top of my list.'
Ethan shook his head. 'I had Econ!' he defended.
He looked around & saw Y/n staring at him with no emotion whatsoever.

'W-what's wrong with her?' Ethan asked.

'State of shock.' Chad simply said not looking at Ethan while answering. 'She won't respond or react to anything ever since last night.'

'Chad, I'm so sorry for not being there.' Ethan exclaimed while looking at the girl.

Did he feel pity for her? Or do Serial Killers have no remorse?

Officer Bailey had come out of the crime scene. Crying. His only daughter, Quinn dead. Tara & Sam went to comfort the grieving officer, while we all stayed near the ambulance.

A vehicle pulled up as a familiar face ran to Sam, Tara, Gale & Officer Bailey. I noticed who it was but couldn't speak or move an inch, Kirby.

Gale said something to the group about her wanting to show us something about the killers hiding spot, that's when i snapped back.

'Y/n?!' Chad exclaimed anxiously waiting for me to speak.

I started blinking uncontrollably to get the dryness out of my eyes as i regained focus, i quickly hugged him.

- - -

Gale lead us through an alley, where a Huge Ghost-face mural was spray painted on. It was the iconic phase 'What's Your Favorite Scary Movie?' besides it, causing me to flinch away.

Ethan noticed Y/n's behaviors & felt a pit in his stomach.

'Jason and Greg were little Atlanta rich boys' Gale explained. 'Apparently, they used fake names to rent this place.