𝟬𝟬𝟮, pretty girls don't cry

Start from the beginning

          Here's the thing, Eden Winslow was anything but the kind of person to confide in everyone. She only told her biggest secrets, or what was on her mind, to Mr. Potato or Wheezie Cameron, whom she considered a sister. She hated telling her stories, how she feels, how she lives with her problems. Not that she was ashamed of her problems, on the contrary, she was well aware of everything that was going on in her head, only sometimes she refused to face them and preferred not to think about them.

For example. . . When Eden has a math problem to finish for Monday, and she can't solve it, she prefers to leave it aside and come back to it at the last minute to understand it and solve it. This is how she dealt with her problems. She let them pass, before they became unbearable and she really had to deal with them. ( P.S. she never understood her math problems. Who understands math, anyway? ).

         The bright tear that rolled down her cheek snapped her out of her miserable thoughts. Pretty girls don't cry, they just take it and then break down one day. For the moment, Eden was losing her emotions, but she still managed to manage them and display the magnificent smile that everyone wants to see when she appears in the background.

          She got up from her soft bed, took her phone and left her room for the first time that day. 11 a.m. isn't that bad, actually. As she walked up the stairs, she noticed a lot of people standing through the windows, all dressed like workers. She frowned, and suddenly something hit her mind : Hurricane Agatha. She decided to pop in last night, what a crazy thing. Eden was lucky to live in a big house like hers, and to have the means to arrange everything. Unfortunately, people like. . . You know, who can't even afford to protect themselves well or whatever. And here again, she was worried about them. Argh. She hated the Pogues for having so much control over how she felt about them.

"Mom, my hairbrush is broken!" You might think it was Eden, or some little girl saying that, but that's just the wonderful drama queen : Noah Winslow. "Help. I repeat, help!"

Eden rolled her eyes, looking stupidly at her big brother while Yasmina simply shrugged, putting on her golden earrings. "Noah, I don't have time for that. I have to take care of the repairmen, I don't want them to break the house down any more than it is."

Eden laughed, sitting down on a stool in the kitchen. "I really live with two drama queens, great life to me."

          Yasmina gave her a look, but she didn't take the smile off her lips. "Ed', don't forget to tidy your room." She nodded, even though she knew full well she was going to forget and just never do. Anyway, her room was pretty well put together ( if you don't pay attention to the laundry on the floor, the bed not made, the chocolate wrappers on the bed. . . ), no need to put it away. Eden likes to live when it's not perfect.

          "Actually, I can't. I'm taking Bella for a walk later. Don't have time." And at that moment, a hairy head came to rest on the girl's knee. This dog was Eden's best friend, in a way. A beautiful Golden Retriever, what more could you ask for? It has always been Eden's favorite race.

"Fine then." Yasmina sighed, raising her arms in the air. She opened a kitchen drawer, pulling out a hairbrush. "Here, son. Don't lose this one, I'm warning you."

Noah frowned, taking it slowly. "Uh, thanks? But why do you have this in the kitchen?"

"Not important. Look, kids, don't forget that Fred is coming to eat with us tonight, okay?" Eden froze while Noah looked at his sister to see how she was going to take the news.