ᴄʜᴀᴘᴛᴇʀ ᴏɴᴇ

ੈ✩‧₊˚
chapter 1
content warning: drug use, murder, swearing
ੈ✩‧₊˚

╰┈➤ "What? You're telling that you don't like it?" Michelle trailed behind me, showing me a picture of her prom dress. "No, that's not what I'm saying. I just think it's a little... much. That's all." I shrugged, trying not to offend her. "That's basically the same thing, Y/N!"

I sighed, opening my locker and grabbing my backpack. "No, no it isn't. I think it would be a nice wedding dress!" Michelle rolled her eyes. "Yeah, whatever. I'm offended now so I'm going to walk home alone." I looked at her, "are you serious? I was joking!" She began to walk off.

"That dress was like $200! You didn't even compliment me. What if Peter thinks the same?" I sighed, following sluggishly behind her. "Trust me, I think I know my own brother well enough to know that he's into over the top." Michelle smacked my arm. "Over the top? Seriously?"

"You know what I mean! He's gonna love it." Michelle scoffed. "Why do you like him anyways? He's such a nerd. You know he hasn't gotten below an A- on an assignment since like, ever?!" She glanced at me, "exactly, he's like, perfect." I pretended to stick my finger down my throat, making a gagging noise.

We walked in comfortable silence for a bit, before she finally broke it. "Did you do something to Flora? She's always such a jerk to us." I shrugged, "I don't know. I think she got a stick jammed up her ass when she slipped over my spilt water during lunch in 7th grade." Michelle chuckled.

"How far are we?" She checked her phone, "Says we're only a few buildings down." I nodded, paying more attention to the structures that surrounded us. "I think it's this one. Across the street." Michelle pointed my attention to a big, dilapidated house. "Looks like it." I took a deep breath, starting across the street.

Michelle followed behind me, way more excited than I was about our 'discovery'. "I don't see a point to this." She looked back at me, too hyped about exploring an abandoned building. "Don't be such a wuss. It'll be fun! Plus, maybe we'll find a dead body if we're lucky." She got up in my face, making me push her back by her forehead.

"If I see one spider— ONE— I'm jumping out a window." Michelle giggled, knowing that I most likely would stick to my word. "I'll tell the police where to find your body, I guess." I pushed her onto the sidewalk, making her speed up her movements. She stopped in front of the door, putting her weight on the  floorboard to see if it was stable.

"Feels steady. Let's go." Michelle grabbed my arm, dragging me behind her. "I don't feel good about this, man." Michelle laughed at my frightened condition. I was used to exploring places like this, per her persistence, but this place didn't have good energy.

"Yo, check this shit out, dude. Gross!" Michelle picked up a bone, seemingly belonging to an animal. I let out a nervous breath, grabbing the bone that she dangled in my face. "What the hell, man. This place is so fucked.." I glanced around the open space. Different walls seemed to have torn down before it was abandoned.

Michelle gripped my shoulders, shaking me back and forth. "Relax, Y/N! You needa chill out." She placed her bag on the ground, handing me a pre-rolled joint. "You just carry these around in school?" She shrugged, "Rarely." She handed me an older school lighter.

"I didn't know they made these anymore. Thought they went stopped like 100 years ago." I repeatedly failed to light it. "They don't, took it from my Granny's box of shit that she gave my mom." I raised an eyebrow, hesitating to use an item that could have sentimental value.

She grabbed it from my hand, succeeding in lighting it. I rolled my eyes. "I could've done that." Michelle scoffed, grabbing the joint from my hand and lighting it. "I don't get it, man. You're usually so into places like this, what's your problem today?" She handed it to me after taking a hit.