02

january 7, 2022

it's 11 pm now, and there's a good number of people at the austin house.

weston wanted a little get-together for his birthday, nothing too big. so there were about 15 people there.

the night consisted of drinking, board games, pitch perfect, dancing, all that shit.

we finally got around to eating the cake, and weston obviously got to cut his piece first, choosing the part of the cake with bumper's crotch. classy.

everyone was crowding around the kitchen counter, i really wasn't feeling like getting in a mini mosh pit so i just kept my distance, waiting for everyone to get their piece. i didn't mind being last, even if i only got leftovers, or even nothing at all.

but to my surprise, after weston got his slice of cake, he cut up another slice, and called out for me. shocked, i go over to him, and he hands me the plate.

our hands touched.

"thank you mara. seriously! this cake is the best birthday gift i've ever gotten."  he says while handing it to me.

i shoot him a look, "i got you a new phone last year?"

"mhm. this still beats it." he jokes, and i give him an offended look.

"kidding! c'mere, you always have the best birthday gifts." he laughs, pulling me into a side hug. i expect him to let go, but instead he keeps his arm around my shoulder.

holy shit.

i try to keep my cool, but i lock eyes with hoover, who knows i like weston. he raises his eyebrows at me and stifles a laugh. fuck. i need to get out of here, all these people are staring at me and weston. this is the only time i don't wanna be around him.

he finally lets go so he can cut another piece of cake, and it feels like the first time in thirty seconds that i can breathe again. i grab hoover immediately and run into the bathroom.

i've known hoover and aksel for years. i've known them longer than i've known weston and kalynn. we met back during our toontown / club penguin phases, they're genuinely like my brothers, i tell them everything.

i lock the bathroom door, and start going crazy.

"people are gonna think we're fucking in here dude!"

"holy shit hoover i don't care!!! you saw that right? you saw the way he pulled me in? and why did he call for me first? out of all people? i wasn't even at the table! he was like, looking for me! he's in love with me dude! that's the only explanation!"

"okay mind you, you are in texas where walls are thin as fuck and you're screaming this shit! brave as hell."

i roll my eyes and sigh, "whatever. he's in love with me though. you can't deny that shit. right? right hoover?"

he's sighing now, obviously tired of this conversation, "whatever floats your boat man.."

we leave the bathroom, seeing majority of the people still crowded around the cake. i hope no one saw us go in there. they'll think we were fucking or some shit. and if we say we weren't, we'll have to explain what we were talking about. i sure as hell don't wanna explain that to anybody.

i wait for a few minutes for everyone to have their slices, once everyone's back in the living room surrounding the tv, i go over to weston.

he immediately sees me and smiles, "hey, what happened? you left your slice here."

ohhhh shit. do i tell him i was with hoover? do i lie? ok fuck it. i'll tell him i was with hoover.

"sorry, i was in the bathroom with hoover."

"ew."

"ew no, not like that, we were .. talking about my birthday gift to you."

"the cake? yeah i loved it dude!"

"what? weston no, no- i wouldn't just give you a cake for your gift come on who do you think i am?"

"this ISN'T my birthday gift?"

"no, i—" i take a deep breath, wanting to make him wait.

"come on dude tell me!"

"ok, i got us tickets to the big time rush concert." i smile,

his eyes go wide and his jaw drops. he has basically the same reaction as kalynn.

"wait wait, how many of us are going?"

"uh, you, me, kalynn, and hoover."

he decides to announce this to everyone, for some reason. "attention everyone! weston koury and friends are going to a big time rush concert!"

cool about it - weston kouryOn viuen les histories. Descobreix ara