60. Punishment And Praise.

Start from the beginning

"I think it's time I really decide whom to keep and whom to send to hell." I said as I created a mana ball in my hand and the nobles who supported me stood on one side while those who were of the opposing factions were easily abandoned.

"P-Please, Your Highness, we're from the noble houses, you can't just kill us? It's a serious crime!"

"Says who? The ones who support a criminal who delved in black magic and opposed my father, the savior of the Empire?"

The guilty nobles were shivering as I got on the railing again facing them.

"My father is always right, some dogs who tend to bite their owner's hand are better slaughtered."

"P-Please, Your Highness, have mercy!"

"Have mercy, Your Highness!"

"We were wrong! We will never repeat our mistakes!"

They started begging and I snapped my fingers making the electricity run through their bodies.

I used noise cancellation on them and then turned to Athy who was avoiding looking at the ones who were getting tortured.

After a few minutes of letting them have a taste of hell I waved my hand stopping the electricity and they fell on the ground. I casted a recovery spell on them and looked down at their pathetic forms.

"Pathetic. I'm letting you off the hook with just this, but try anything else and I'll chop your limbs with my own hands." I spoke making the nearly half-dead bastards almost scurry away.

I sighed and then looked at the ones who always stood in favor.

I smiled at them kindly as I faced them.

"Duke Robane and Duchess Garcia," I spoke making them bow with their hands on their hearts.

"I'm happy that you trusted my sister in my absence and showed her your support by being the first ones to sign the proxy agreement."

The nobles gasped, "C-Could it be..."

"Yes, I was there. I was always by my sister's side." I announced making the already kneeling ones go pale.

"I had promised Dad that I wouldn't let Athy be too much troubled so, I just stood by and observed everything. Whatever she said, whatever she did and whatever you said and whatever you did, I personally witnessed it all."

Duke Robane and Duchess Garcia smiled at me.

"I thank all the supporting nobles and I'll make sure that you'll be well treated in the future. Besides, I am thinking of arranging a ball just for us so, I'll send you the invitations just after discussing with His Majesty. Hope you'd make some time from your busy schedule to attend it and celebrate with us." I said with a smile and the supporters smiled back and bowed.

" I said with a smile and the supporters smiled back and bowed