Chaos Causers

"Watch out!"
"MOVE!"
"Where is he?!"

You arrived to cries of panic. You had just arrived in the monster world. Having had a strong connection to a monster in your past life, this caused you to re-awaken as that same monster.
However, you never expected to arrive to this much terror.

A group of Celtic Guardians rushed past you, one almost knocking you over. "Sorry mate!" He called. He was Welsh. He stopped and turned back, letting the others run past. "You're new." He said.
"Uh- yeah. How could you tell?" You ask.
"You clearly have no clue what's going on." The Guardian replied.
"Oh." You laughed nervously.

"Oi Seren, let's-!" Another Guardian started to call over his shoulder.
"YOU HAVE NO TIME FOR THIS!" Seren yelled back. You stared at him, confused. "Ah. You aren't used to this, are you?"
"Uhm- no."
"Oh great, you're completely new, well- who are you?"

You told him your name and what happened to you. "Alright. No time to find someone to look after you, just go hide." Seren instructed, nodding behind you. "Some magicians have se up somewhere safe for young monsters and newbies. Go."
You had no time to ask why, because he had already turned on his heel and bolted off to join his group.
Hearing an explosion in the distance, you also turned and ran.

You found a few monsters - Silent Magicians, Illusion Magicians and Magician Valkyria - hiding behind a large shield. "Who are you?" A Valkyria asked.
"I'm Y/N, I'm new." You said quickly, still spooked from the explosion. "A Celtic Guardian told me to hide with you."
"Which one?" Another voice asked from behind the others.

The magicians all turned and moved out of the way, revealing a young boy. "Mahad!" You cried. You knew him from the palace, he was famous for using dark magic despite his young age of 14.
"Don't act surprised. Answer my question."
"Uh- Seren sent me. Am I saying that name right-?"
"It doesn't matter. Come hide, quick." Mahad said. The shield lowered and you were allowed behind it.

"What's going on?" You asked. "All those Celtic Guardians running around, all the explosions..." You admittedly didn't know much about monsters, but if there were Celtic Guardians going around in groups, you knew it must be seriously bad.
A young Silent Magician created an illusion, a large explosion followed by a broken black heart; devil horns and a long chain.
"Sorry?" You didn't understand. You knew Silent Magicians couldn't speak, but you were never able to grasp illusion communication.

"Chaos causers. Chaos, Vortex and Nightmare." An Illusion Magician translated.
You nodded slowly. You had never heard those names before, but you decided that now wasn't the best time to ask.

Another explosion went off, destroying the building in front of the shield. An evil, cackling laugh echoed out, a silhouette rising amongst the smoke.
"Chaos!" Mahad cried.
"My friend's doing an apprenticeship in that healing station!" You hear one of the Illusion Magicians shout.
"Can't you go help him?" You ask worriedly.
No reply.

Two other silhouettes appeared, one either side of Chaos.
"He's not alone!" Mahad gasped as the smoke cleared. The 3 Magicians of Black Chaos looked almost identical.
"How can you tell who's who?" You asked.
"Nightmare's the one with the chains, there!" Mahad pointed. "With the deep scars over his right eye and the long ponytail."
You shivered, seeing Nightmare spin the chains in his hands.
"Vortex is there, the one with the crazy smile... he is always filthy, he fights the most, so he's the most dangerous." Mahad continued. "And Chaos is in the middle, the one with his hair down to his shoulders. He's the calmest, but his magic is... well."

You nodded. "I see." Then you realised something. The symbols the Silent Magician had used to represent them were accurate. Nightmare was represented by his chains, Vortex by devil horns because of the danger...

But what about Chaos' broken black heart?

"Why do they do this?" You asked.
"For fun..." A Magician Valkyria answered, disgusted.
"Is that the only reason? Not... heartbreak, or hatred?" You wonder.
"Heartbreak?" Mahad asked.
"Yeah..." You looked up at Chaos, who laughed as he floated to the ground and landed next to an injured magician.
"That's my friend!" The Illusion Magician shouted.

You turned to him, determined. "Let me out." You said.
"What?! No, you'll get hurt!" The same Magician Valkyria told you.
"We can't just leave the Illusion Magician there with them!" You argued.
"You're new, you can't fight!"
"I don't want to fight! I want to help that poor magician!"

The shield lowered behind you, Mahad stepping forward. "Go. Quick. I'm right behind you."
"Mahad, no..." An Illusion Magician said worriedly.
"I'll be fine." He turned to you. "Come on."
The two of you then ran.

As you ran, Nightmare aimed his chain like a whip, going straight for you. Full of determination and with quick reflexes, you caught it and pulled it from his hand. "Huh?! He cried in shock.
You dropped the chain and stopped running, kneeling before the injured magician. "Are you okay?" You asked, helping him sit up.
Mahad stopped behind you, a wave of magic swirling around the three of you. Chaos said nothing.
"I'm okay... I think." The magician answered you.
You smiled in relief. "Your friend will be happy." You said, helping him up.

Mahad glanced at Chaos. "We should go." He whispered to you.
"Wait." Chaos finally spoke. He turned to you. "You're new, aren't you?"
"Uhm, yes..." you said nervously.
"Your catch was impressive... I want to talk to you." Chaos said.

"Y/N, don't." Mahad whispered to you. "Chaos is a liar."
"Stay out of this, Mahad!" Chaos snapped. "I've caused enough Chaos for today."
"You never mean that!"

Chaos sighed and turned to you. His eyes stared into yours.

"All I want is to talk."