Happy Birthday Baby! part 1

Monday 19th July

Roger's POV

Brian's birthday came around so quickly! He had absolutely no idea what I'd planned for him and I was so excited. On the morning of his birthday, I woke up and was surprised to find him still in bed with me, fast asleep. He looked so adorable, his cheek pressed against the pillow and his curls springing out in all directions. I smiled to myself and kissed his head gently, getting up as quietly as I could so I didn't disturb him. Padding into the kitchen, I greeted the dogs and got to work. I was glad he was still asleep - it made my plan work even better. Although my culinary skills were limited, I thought I'd be able to manage some kind of breakfast for him. I put some bread in the toaster and found a few eggs that I could scramble. He'd told me that he adored scrambled eggs but he didn't usually make it for himself because he liked it to be a treat. Luckily, I knew how to scramble some eggs and within 10 minutes I had something that looked okay. I added some salt and pepper for good measure - I knew he liked to add them to lots of things so I was pretty sure it was a safe bet.

I found a tray and made him a cup of coffee, just the way he likes it. I made a cup for myself too, and balanced everything on the tray as I walked back to the bedroom, the dogs circling my feet as they knew I had food. I managed to make it to the bedroom without tripping over and I gently shut the door behind me so none of the animals could get in. Brian was still asleep, but he did stir a bit when I put the tray down on my bedside table so I could wake him. I pondered on how to wake him for a few moments, before I leaned in and kissed him gently. I could tell when he woke because he kissed back sleepily, sighing softly. It wasn't the most pleasant experience, our morning breath making it a little distasteful. Neither of us minded though, and Brian pulled me closer drowsily.

"Good morning birthday boy." I mumbled to him after we pulled apart for breath. He smiled sleepily and rubbed his eyes.

"Fuck I slept so well." He said, and then seemed to light up a bit. "I didn't wake up again! Oh, Rog, you're making my heart so happy that I'm starting to sleep properly again."

Before I knew it he was kissing me again, this time with appreciation. I was sceptical that I was the one causing him to be sleeping better but I let him believe it. It was cute that he thought that.

"I made you breakfast." I told him, smiling proudly as he lit up again and eagerly accepted it.

"You remembered about scrambled eggs on toast." He said, seeming to be in awe. He looked at me with a gaze full of affection and it made my heart swell to see how much he appreciated the effort I'd gone into. I couldn't wait to see his reaction for what I'd planned later if this was what I got for breakfast in bed.

"I need to get ready for work but then I'll help you with your morning rounds." I promised, kissing his forehead and going over to my wardrobe. I hadn't been wearing any pyjamas - it was far too hot for that! I changed my boxers and mulled over what to wear to work. I picked out a simple white shirt and groaned at having to wear a tie. I usually took it off and undid the top button of my shirt - Adam pretended not to notice. I also picked out the loosest pair of smart trousers I had, hoping to keep my legs as cool as possible. I got dressed and brushed my hair, smiling at the length it was getting to.

"You should grow your hair out."

I turned around and saw Brian watching me with an interested gaze.

"I used to have it much longer. You think it'd look nice?" I mused, fiddling with the ends of my hair at the back that just about reached my shoulders.

"It would. Besides, it gives me something more to tug on when we f-"

"Brian! Someone's in a naughty mood today." I laughed, blushing at his suggestive statement. He smirked and continued to gaze at me as I finished brushing my hair.