Chapter Twenty Four | Hotel (Part 1 of 2)

Whatever your intentions were last night, the results were… far simpler than you imagined they would be.

A shower together composed of sneaky glances at each other, occasional banter, awkward smiles, and quiet conversations.

Then him being the big spoon while you went to bed in your underwear.

And that was it.

Nothing more; nothing less.

Truth be told, you're both still getting used to the relationship, and you can further confirm that today when you wake up and nearly flinch at the sight of him still being the big spoon.

Sans hasn't moved an inch, despite it being almost ten hours since you stopped cuddling and went off to sleep.

You don't want to wake him, but you also don't want to be trapped in bed, aimlessly staring at the ceiling while you wait for him to do that on his own. So, you decide to observe around, and that's when you spot your salvation: your phone by the nightstand at his side, almost within your reach. All you need to do is scoot away from his arms, then lean over him, stretch, and you're done. If you fail, you'll end up waking him up with your shuffling around, either way. If you succeed and are careful enough not to wake him up, you'll have updates on yesterday's situation at the tips of your fingers, and – frankly – that's something you simultaneously stress and look forward to. Perhaps, they'll be good news, or perhaps not, but news are news, and you'll just be grateful to have an update on the situation. Hoping for the best has grown tiring, at this point. All you crave is some closure – be it positive or not.

With a hand placed ever so cautiously over Sans's chest, you lean over him and stretch out, how long you've been laying down bringing forth all sorts of aches, pains, and stiffness.

But you're able to get your phone back without waking him up, and that's good enough for now – you'll rub those sores off later.

A locked screen and low battery greet you, along with thirty-six unread messages, four missed calls, and two voicemails. The last notification marks an hour ago, and that makes you look at the time better to notice it's… not exactly morning anymore. You assume the messages are likely people growing worried that you're not picking up, so you unlock the screen and verify to see if your suspicions are correct.

🐟: ANSWER ME!!!!!

That's one of the newest messages from Undyne, though the most recent one of all contrasts greatly.

🐟: Ditch everything I've just said.

Alphys told me you're probably busy, so…

Have fun. ;)

And that's that.

Undyne had texted you early in the morning, and thirty minutes later, she'd ended with that suggestive message and goofy winky face.

Similar reactions apply for two other people's messages – or, well, one person and a group chat – these being your coworker group chat, currently named '🗿', and Alphys herself. Your coworkers' texts are just about the opposite of panicked. Alphys's are quite the contrary, until she ends her rushed texts with a calmer one saying she'd been informed better about what happened, and that she would be looking over the situation in more detail while you 'had your fun'. 

It started with:

💁🏻‍♀️: OMG @👤 R U OK???

💁🏾‍♂️: yeah, we've been calling you, but…

just give us a call as soon as you can, okay?

And it ended with:

💁🏻‍♀️: I TAKE BACK WHAT I SAID