"Yes ma'am" I stood from the couch going to locking arms with kadaja , dragging her to the kitchen .

"Lordddddd the way my stomach doing flips , I was scared for my life just then I swear ...where the fuck is Davon and dave at how we make it before them" she mugged stacking the plates I handed her .

"Uhm Davon said something about going to handle something with him , said it wouldn't take long" i scratched my head , placing certain food together so it could be sat down .

"Have y'all talked ? ..or have you seen him yet" she sat the dishes around the long table , while I placed the food down .

"Nah...this my first time seeing him , I'm here for Issa though not him If he wanna talk respectfully then we can but other than that I won't even acknowledge him" I shrugged .

"Mmmmmm how grown of you bookie , better than me I'm the ratchet baby mama 'nigga you gone take of this muthafuckin baby I don't give a damn if I gotta drop it on yo porrrchh' " she whispered a ghetto voice , pointing her finger back and forth as she poked her stomach out

"I'll remind Davon to get Nyla pregnant and not you" i side eyed her laughing . The door opened revealing Davon and Dave . They blew in their hands rubbing them together as the adjusted to heat . I quickly made my way back to the kitchen , trying to find something to do other than be in his presence. Not acknowledging him would be harder than I thought .

"what the hell took y'all so long , food could've been cold" mama Issa came from the back with Nyla, seems like their conversation went well . I turned around leaning against the counter taking a quick breath , mentally preparing myself for this.

"My bad ma we was getting ice and stuff but i see they helped you put it together though" Davon smiled , looking over the table we just set . I found a empty seat next to mama Issa and slid in it , if nobody knew how to comfort me she did .

"Mmmhmmm ...you alright baby you look a little flushed in the face" she placed her hand on top of mines .

"Yes ma'am I'm just hungry that's all" I gave a small smile . The restroom door closed and my heart sank seeing Dave come up the hallway.  His expression softened, then turned to a mug as he passed me hugging mama Issa .

"Hey baby" she smiled his kissing his cheek

"Hey ma , you doing alright"  He sat across from me , avoiding eye contact . I rolled my eyes—getting agitated by the front he tried to put on.

"The food looks good miss Issa , I see why your son know when something not seasoned right" Nyla giggled , scanning over the large meal she prepared for us .

"Thank you baby I hope you know how to cook that boy got a appetite on him" she laughed .

"He sure do" her and kadaja spoke in unison looking at him . Everyone caught on to them except mama Issa. My head shot in their direction , with a warning look on my face . I shook my head lowly giggling , these bitches were out of control .

" ight let's say grace before I change my mind on this whole thing" Dave circled his finger at Davon , Nyla and kadaja .

"Be cool big man , ain't no going back Now" Davon chuckled , blocking as dave bucked at him

"Stop all that playing come on now so we can eat" she tapped his forearm before grabbing his hand along with mines .

After five minutes of grace we finally got to dig in and I was stacking my plate up , especially with Mac and cheese . We sat having multiple conversations, some about my trip , and Davon and Dave opening up a community center . I was super proud of them dave was always doing something that helped others and now —so was Davon . Wether he saw it or not he really was being a great big brother , hopefully he could be a great father .

"Here baby put some vegetables on that plate we gotta feed my grand baby nie" mama Issa spilled , as she piled cabbage on my plate . Everyone's mouth dropped including mines. The table sat quiet while she continued to eat , unaware of the bomb she just dropped

"You pregnant?" Dave and Davon said at once .

"Whaaattttt oh my god..." Nyla played it off

"Wow congratulations girl I'm so happy for you" kadaja smiled a nervous smile "what the fuck" she mouthed .

"Awe hell my old ass talk to much , uhh Davon get ya ladies and help me with this kitchen" she stood from the seat .

"Ma the kitchen not even dirt-"

"GETCHALL ASS ON UP" She shouted waving her hand towards the kitchen . They all followed behind her , and Nyla patted my shoulder as she passed me up . I sat staring at Dave waiting for something , hell anything at this point .

"congratulations" he cleared his throat pushing his plate forward , standing to his feet .

"Dave.." I closed my eyes holding my hands together , I could feel tears coming I tried my best to calm myself .

"Nah it's good I mean , we moved on i'm happy for you" he ran his hand down his face sniffing "is it mals or somebody you with now"

"Neither...it's your baby Dave" i shrugged , ready for whatever was about to come next .

"Briea get the fuck outta here , we ain't even been together my nigga ...don't fucking play with me" he mugged looking down at me . I stood from the table pulling up my pregnancy chart showing him the due date .

"Yeah June 16th..conception time September ...like didn't you manipulate me that day in your backseat? So nah baby boy you don't play with me " i sized him up , giving him direct eye contact .

"Didn't you go see that nigga that same day too?...like the fuck how you expect me to believe-"

"Honestly I'm not about to do this . The baby is yours wether you believe me or not  , I never fucked him you should know me better than that David be fucking for real . Look , we can get a dna test right now while I'm still pregnant , i understand your concern and I'm not mad if you want one , I want you in the baby life but if you don't want to be that's your choice I got us" tears fell from my eyes , apart of me shattered thinking of the possibility he wouldn't want anything to do with our baby but if that's what it is then that's what it was .

"I'm sorry I hurt you , just like I know you sorry you hurt me . I know we not getting back together , and I accepted that , I just want to apologize for going about it how I did . And I promise on my baby heart beat , I never fucked him or knew about what mal had going on . I was a part of a plan to get back at you. "  I still stood staring in his eyes , looking for
Some type of expression.

"I'm sorry too , I should've came to you soon as I found out . You deserved that , can't even lie I been back on my old shit ever since we broke up but Nobody can make me happy like you . you was my other half ...my bestfriend and I believe you briea deep down I knew you ain't let that nigga touch you it's just seeing you with him fucked me up I hate anybody breathing the same air as you it just throw my whole mental off and I'm sorry for disrespecting you how I did I'll never let that shit happen again . if you let me, I wanna be here for my baby this a big thing for the both of us and we need to do this how we was supposed to ..together" his eyes watered pulling me into a hug . At that point I was a crybaby mess , I missed my man real bad .  I wrapped my arms around him finally feeling relief . A large weight lifted from my shoulders as he swayed back and forth with me . Believe or not he was my peace .

" I love you" we said in unison , making each other laugh . It felt good to know him and I were on good terms , and also the same page .

Love wasn't Easy and like miss issa said , if it's real it'll come back even stronger .

I know that's right big Dave GET YO FAMILYYYYYY 🫡🫡🫡💓💓💓💓💓

Y'all want a book for Nyla kadaja and Davon ?😂🥰

I already know I'm finna have to work on a sequel for Dave and briea so lemme gone get to it 🤣🤣