Smile I

Yo guys so here be my flashback gift to ya'll :D It's only gonna be part one cuz I am planning a part two for this chapter, but my dire need to give you guys something has cut this chapter in half and so fort. I'm babbling cuz I am sos dizzy for writing straight for hours yep I am going cray-cray!!

BTW: mama = məˈmɑ & papa = pəˈpɑ (pronounce both the UK way)

(^-^).。oO(。。。。。。。)

I gaze up the garden and not just any garden, my mama's special garden. It's filled with flowers and plants from every corner of the world. At first glance it seems like any other grassland. But all kinds of things grew here. Guests would visit my papa just to see mama's garden. It was so beautiful that it was named after Eden. The garden stretched all the way to the horizons. Endless expanses of land blanketed by luscious grass that came in colours from purple all the way to orange.

The weather was always perfect here, it never sweltered nor stormed, the sun was ever present and a light wind constantly twinged the air. This is my haven. In fact, papa gifted this garden to mama when I was born and every year since then a few new creatures were added as gifts both to me and mama. There are so many, like the flowers made from glass or the trees that sprouted the weirdest of things. Yet still my favourite part is how the grasses together made a beautiful rainbow. But even then, the green grass is my favourite though, it's the same colour of grass that hugged the earth of the Masters' fortress.

I have yet to meet them, but papa brought me there just a few suns ago with him for business and it was a daunting structure. We were running around inside and it was so awfully dark and empty. Indeed so that only our footsteps could be heard.

I could not get over how huge it was still. I asked papa why the Masters needed a mammoth to live in when it was just the two of them, but papa said that hundreds of others lived there as well. I asked again if they were all servants, papa nodded. And then I said if that was the reason papa did not live with them is because he was not a servant, but papa did not answer me. I gathered from his conversations with mama, papa did not seem to like them as much. Even so, my papa would always say that our family's allegiance belongs solely to the Twin Daggers.

The Masters are our protectors and lords. He worked for them from what I hear from the servants, but I could not possibly imagine someone being above my papa. He is the best there ever was. Astute, stark, gallant, benevolent, my father is perfect. He is so tall too that he dwarfed some trees and so strong that he could break the stoned walls with just his mere fists, but from the rumours the masters seemed to be even stronger than papa which is impossible. I called the servants silly to even consider as such.

At this very moment. the Masters themselves are in papa's study.Once again, I did not see them, but I was quickly ushered away by Lila, my companion, muttering something about urgent business and the Masters. I managed to lose Lila in the garden, even though she is eight whole eclipses older than me, she did not know the garden as well.

I ran as fast as my stubbly legs could back to the castle. I wanted to see what the Masters looked like and not papa nor Lila could stop me. Marching in the hallways, I received curtseys and amused glances from the servants because they knew I was up to no good. Going to the large portrait of an ancestor, he was a regal man with fine grey hair and a missing eye. I tapped it twice on the frame with my index finger and it immediately opened for me, leading the way to a small hidden room in papa's study which unbeknownst to him, I utilize to eavesdrop. The passageway is rather eerie and it's so old there are some cobwebs, but i managed to sneak a chair in so I would be able to see through the hole in the wall and be comfortable at the same time.

Patting my chair, I look through the hole. There is only one so it is not that good of a view, but it is better than nothing. I see papa's back and his posture so aggravated. The most I have ever seen on him. There are two others in the room, must be the Masters, but papa is covering them. Darn it, I wish I could scream at papa to move so I could see them.

"We followed the scent here, Darius!" one of the men screamed, the voice alone seemed so tense.

"I do not know what you speak of, your majesty. I know of no such scent." My papa bites back just as tense if not more.

"Stop feigning ignorance before we are tempted to cut you where you stand. I could smell it. The same scent lingering on your person." Papa moved out of the way and two huge men stood. Their shadows alone gave the impression of power, but seeing them as they are is another thing. The dominance they emitted was palpable. Their black hair and olive skins were such a contrast to my father's blonde hair and pale complexion. One of the the men bore black regal clothing adorned in tiny red gems and the other in obsidian armor. But both were with a single sheathed dagger decorating their hips. There is no doubt now that they are the Masters.

The one in armor steps closely to papa that their noses were almost touching. "It is not your wife that much we are sure. We have met her and nothing like this has possessed us. Is it perhaps... a mistress?" A mistress, I wonder what that is, but it is perhaps something bad? Because it made papa growl.

The other one spoke professedly for the first time, "Darius the Noble? Having a whore? I wonder what your wife would say." My papa takes a step towards him, but the man in armor grabs his throat, stopping him.

"It clings to you like a second skin. I swear to my life, Darius, if you had touched her in any way intimately. I will slaughter you." The man grits out to papa. He lifts papa by the throat and I could see that the man is near crushing papa's throat. I scream for them to stop.

Pushing forward, I stumble into the room, catching my feet in my dress. The men turn to look at me simultaneously and even though papa is still in their clutch, he screams for me to run away, but I am frozen. Hand and knees on the floor, I stare blankly at the Masters. In return their gaze were burning through me, soon after, they inhaled mouthfuls of air and looks of understanding dawns their face. Getting my wits about, I cry for him to release my papa and... he did.

The one in black clothing approaches me, crouching to my height he asks my name. But I am too astounded. I should be punished for ordering the Masters. My father himself could not fight back when they choked him and I dared to order them. I will receive such a bad spanking later. "What is your name, little one?" He asks me again. His voice is so tender, I almost forgot that it was the same man yelling at my papa.

"K-Keiran" I squeak and he flashes me a brilliant smile. Abruptly, the man in armor , grabs me and stares at me for such a long time, but then red eyes that were once thunderous swirls appeared to be soft. It's odd, but I like it. Anger did not suit their handsome faces. It made them have mean lines and Lila says that mean lines can cause wrinkles whatever those are.

"Kieran" He sighs in almost awe.Gently placing me in one of the chairs; he wipes the tears on my cheeks. My papa makes a move to come to me, but the armored man gives him a sharp look and my papa relents, staying where he is. Now both the Masters are crouching before me which is another anomaly. The Masters are never supposed to lower themselves for anyone and here they are, almost kneeling for a child.

"Mast-" I begin, but the clothed man holds a finger up.

He gestures to himself, "I am Vallen-" then to his armored twin, "-this is Vallis and you shall call us as such." I nod hysterically. I was for some reason, afraid of disappointing them so I quickly said their names, though, I did not think that their smiles could go any wider, but it did. Glancing at my father his face is filled shock and his mouth is hanging, making me giggle. I have ne'er witnessed my papa as such.

Vallen looks at me with eyes filled with mirth and happiness, Vallis with awe, but both with a peculiar intensity. My papa speaks up from his place, "she is, but a child, Your Majesties!"

Not looking at him, they both answered concurrently, "We know, Darius, we know." both caressing a single finger on either side of my cheek, tickling me. The Masters did not seem as bad as the rumours. How could they be? They were smiling so kindly at me, even more so than some of the servants. None so mean could have such happy smiles.

(^-^).。oO(。。。。。。。)

Again thanks guys for reading and PLEASE COMMENT OR VOTE!!