"Sweet," said Vivalda. "And hopefully it will be the first of many dates for the two of you. Go on, get dressed. My big brother has finally learned to talk to girls."

"Shut up, that's not true."

"Is so."

While Kol was on his date, Vivalda spent the evening with Tristan, only because Lucien had business in France. She didn't mind the break from parties, in fact, she enjoyed it. Tristan had given her wine and blood, and had played the violin for her while she explained how she made swords, how she would modify them for modern times, what suggestions she had for the weapons The Strix were currently using, such as their knives, their poisoned rings, and the ornate stakes made to look like a thickened stem from a rose, with barbs around the edges.

She took a break from her explanations to enjoy his music, meditating after learning that Rebekah was still antagonizing Elena, and that somehow, the little brat had tried to use the white oak stake against Rebekah.

Why was she still alive? Rebekah had argued that Elena was too weak to do it anyway. Vivalda didn't care– Elena had still helped kill Finn and Sage. Her hatred was now magnified, and there was no telling what she might try to do if Rebekah and Klaus kept letting her go. They'd be fools to think that after so many close attempts, they wouldn't actually manage it one of those days. Weak as they were, the determination to kill gave them an advantage no one could compete against.

"You're troubled," said Tristan, setting the violin down as she sat up, stretching her arms and cracking her neck.

"A bit," she admitted. "My siblings are fools. But I will sleep it off and in the morning all will be well. I plan to make us Belgian waffles."

He got to his feet, walking closer to her and leaning over her chair, hands on the armrests. "Tell me, my dear, do you wish to go to bed angry?"

"No," she admitted. "But it is difficult to focus on anything else while their stupidity continues to grow, as does the stain on my family come from their weakness." She sighed, tilting her head up to look in his eyes. She smiled, "Perhaps you've a way to relieve me of my anger?"

"I would offer a session with swords," said Tristan, knuckles caressing her cheek and drifting his thumb over her lips. "But I do not think myself the right person to help you in relieving it."

"And why is that?"

"I want to dance with you, kiss you sweetly, and give you a distraction. Ways to soothe you that only I can manage. That relief, I know, you can only find with Lucien, who will dance with you in a much different way. That will remove the anger."

She held the back of his head, bringing his mouth to hers. It was as gentle as he wanted it to be, as sweet as honey. He lifted her up, turning their bodies so he could sit on the chair, she on top of him and straddling his lap.

"My beautiful, beautiful Vivalda," he whispered against her mouth, cupping her cheek.

I don't deserve this.

He cuddled up to her in the bed when her hair had been let down and brushed, one arm wrapped around her waist, the other propping his head up so he could watch her sleep. At one point he'd dipped down to kiss her neck, holding his head there to inhale the perfect scent of strawberries and roses that he swore was coming from her hair. He'd fallen asleep in its comfort, and Vivalda had awoken with her body tangled in his. A perfect morning that had certainly helped her think a little less about her anger.

She didn't hear back from Kol and Antonella until the afternoon, and they were both rather secretive, which told her all she needed to know. Kol was in a mood too good to be spoiled by any minor inconvenience that might usually set him off. Antonella had joined in on Strix training, something she only ever did when she was feeling guilty.