"Now Horace, I understand your enthusiasm" Dumbledore said "but I don't believe that to be the best option"

"Why not headmaster?" Flitwick frowned "I was in fact going to suggest the boy take his charms exam early as well, the boy is unnaturally gifted. He's smart, intelligent and he understands higher year magic better than some of the higher years. We'd be doing him a disservice by holding him back."

"Again, I understand, but we do not want to isolate Mr Potter anymore from his peers. He is young, he should be given some time to enjoy his childhood."

"Albus, the boy is horribly scarred and hates being here" Flitwick pointed out "I think he would enjoy his childhood a lot more when he's not forced to come to school for ten months. If we do allow him to take his owls and newts early then the boy could set records"

"Filius, the boy needs to learn to make friends. That won't happen if we are seen favouring the boy"

"You two do favour him a bit" McGonagall agreed

"Ah, this coming from the woman who, according to rumours, refuses to let him answer questions in our class and ignores him in favours of letting Miss Granger and everyone else answer?" Slughorn shot back and a look of shock appeared on her face "I'm a Slytherin dear, I know where and how to hear the right rumours. Apparently you two have a mutual dislike of each other, something about you using James and Lily against him"

"Horace" Albus said in a warning tone

"What?" Horace asked innocently

"Horace you know very well that..." Albus was interrupted by a knock on the door "enter" He said, wondering who it was.

"Am I interrupting?" Harry's head popped in

"Mr Potter, we are having a meeting" McGonagall said

"So I'm not? Brilliant" Harry said brightly before he kicked the door open

"Mr Potter!" McGonagall was about to stand up but stopped just as she saw him walk through the door with Shadow on his shoulder and his wand aimed at Lockhart's unconscious body which was floating behind him "Oh my" She gasped

"I assume this belongs to one of you" Harry said before he flicked his wand and Lockhart's body landed on the headmaster's desk. Now that they got a good look at him, they noticed that the lower part of his legs and his right hand were burnt and his face was bloody and bruised, he was also missing a few teeth.

"Mr Potter! What is the meaning of this?!" McGonagall beat Dumbledore by about a second, the Professors all turned to the spot where Harry was supposed to be only to find out that he is no longer standing there. They look around for a few seconds before they see him with his head in the fireplace, making a fire call to someone.

"Huh" Harry sighed as he removed his head, he then turned to look at all the Professors who were looking at him with a shock on their faces "oh I'm sorry, is there a charge for using the fireplace?" They're response was cut off by the floo network flaring and three aurors walked in to the office "over there" Harry pointed to Lockhart

"Merlin kid, what did you do to him?!" One of the aurors exclaimed

"I burnt his legs and punched his face in" Harry answered honestly "I think I was very well restrained all things considered"

"Oh sweet Morgana, that's Lockhart!" Another auror said after a closer look "This'll be on the front page soon, boy-who-lived beats up Gilderoy Lockhart"

"Just make sure they get my good side" Harry commented, bringing the attention back to him "now are one of you going to take my statement anytime soon?"