Chapter V

When the Doctor wakes up, she turns over and sees Adric awake reading a book on his bed. He looks up and gives her a smile.

"Do you feel up to walking, Adric? If you are, we can go make breakfast for everyone on the Tardis." The Doctor questions.

"I think I am Dad, I might need some help though. Can I lean on you?" Adric replies while putting down the book.

"Of course!"

The Doctor stands up and helps Adric out of his bed in the med bay. She wraps his arm around her shoulders, so he can put his weight on her. The two of them leave the med bay and head towards the kitchen. They don't hear anything except for the Tardis' quiet hum, so Adric assumes everyone else is asleep. But who is everyone else? It can't be Tegan and Nyssa anymore can it. So who else is on the ship? The two of them finally make it to the kitchen.

"I was thinking we could make flapjacks for everyone for breakfast." The Doctor informs Adric.

"Okay, but I have a question first. Who is on the Tardis right now?" Adric questions.

"Well there is Yaz, Graham, and Ryan who became my companions right after I regenerated. And then there also is Octavius and Jedediah, who were miniatures at the Museum of Natural History, but are my companions right now and are full sized. So those are the five other people on the Tardis right now."

Adric nods and the two of them start to make flapjacks for everyone. Yaz wanders into the kitchen shortly after they start, and gives the Doctor a kiss on the lips. Yaz's hair is pulled up into a messy bun and she is wearing one of the Doctor's shirts and some sweatpants. Then Yaz starts to help the two of them with their cooking.

"So Dad, are you dating them? I presume they are Yaz?" Adric asks.

"Yes, we are dating and yes I am Yaz. You're Adric right, the Doctor told me so much about you. She didn't really tell the others, but she did talk about you a lot with me at night." Yaz replies with a smile.

"Well of course I talked about him, he's my son." The Doctor adds.

Adric looks up and smiles at the Doctor. He would get used to this new family unit. Just as they are about done making the flapjacks, Graham and Ryan enter the kitchen and sit down at the table. The Doctor puts the plates of flapjacks on the table, and sits down, in between Yaz and Adric. The five of them start to eat, still waiting for Octavius and Jedediah to enter the kitchen.

"Should I go get them Doctor?" Graham asks her, wondering why the two of them are still asleep.

"No, we can wait, they'll find their way here eventually. See, here they are now." The Doctor replies as the two no longer miniatures enter the room.

Both Octavius and Jedediah's hair were really messed up, and they were wearing each other's shirts, Octavius in the cyan button up and Jedediah in the gray sweater. The two of them sit down next to Graham and Ryan, and are holding hands. The Doctor gives them a knowing smile. Octavius and Jedediah start to eat their food, and Adric puts more flapjacks on his plate for seconds. Once everyone finishes eating, Yaz, Graham, and Ryan start washing the dishes, while Octavius and Jedediah go to the control room. The Doctor shows Adric to his room, as she had never changed it, not able to after his death. The Doctor helps Adric get out some more of his clothes so he can change into them. She leaves the room to allow him to do so, and enters again when he is done. She then helps him to replace his bandages, and wraps her coat around him, and it fits him perfectly. Adric pulls the Doctor into a hug and they both smile.

*****

As Octavius and Jedediah are waiting in the control room, they realize something. They want to go home, back to the museum. They miss their friends, and even though if they go home they will miss their five new friends, they can always come and visit. The two of them head back into their room, and they get changed into their original outfits, so they will be ready for when they get back to the museum.

*****

When the Doctor and Adric get to the control room, everyone else is already there. The miniatures are now dressed in their original outfits.

"Doctor, if it is okay, can we go home now? We miss the rest of our friends." Octavius questions her.

"Of course we can get the two of you back home! And remember, we can visit you anytime you need us." The Doctor replies in her normal energetic tone.

The Doctor starts to run around the Tardis making sure that she can pilot the Tardis back to the museum. The Tardis starts to take off and the Doctor gives both Octavius and Jedediah a hug.

"It was a pleasure to travel with you." She informs them as she pulls out of the hug.

The Tardis lands inside of the Hall of Miniatures and Octavius and Jedediah get out. The two of them wave at everyone in the Tardis, and the Tardis doors close.